Are there any docile blue Tarantulas?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes, there are a docile blue tarantula from Brazil but that specie is not in the hobby;P

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just figured I'd add, my GBB is the queen bitch of the house here.. She's a nightmare! But I still love her..

There are many shades of blue, and my Avic avic is very docile, and she is indeed rather blue.. But it's a dark blue, not like a "Oh holy poop, thats blue! Aaah, my eyes!". But She's still lovely.. Versis don't stay blue though, but as far as "Oh holy poop, thats blue! Aaah, my eyes!" blue goes, they're a strong contender for the first part of their lives..

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I have MFs and IMs GBBs and no difference. They are all mean and ready to bite. The MFs ate all of the MMs thrown at them with no successful insertion. IMO, A. Versis are much better although they are more maroonish purple in color...

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have yet to see a true-blue Avic. Save for when they are slings. Otherwise, I'm sure this species is not what he had in mind.

I've had two cobalts, and though this goes against the norm, they were both exceedingly docile. You could hold them, pet them, etc. They tolerated it all. The least aggressive/defensive spiders I've ever owned. Each spider has its own personality. If you see a spider you want, get it. Don't let stereotypical boundries prevent you. You never know. You may just end up with a real sweet-heart. :)
my cobalt is the same if...you can get her outside of her cage and that is not an easy task.

i have seen a lot of docile cobalts, i believe they are just highly territorial.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
I'm scared to death of my cobalt. Maybe when I get the nerve up I'll try to see if she's handleable.

Or maybe not.

Shaka

Arachnopeon
I have heard that the Poecilotheria Metallica is one of the most docile of the Pokies, but don't really know of any proper blue species that are docile.

Cobalt Blue's are vicious 10% of time, and in their holes 90% of the time :D

The Sumatran Tiger Cyrioagopus sp sumatra is nice too but I know nothing about them.

Then there is Monocentropus Balfouri, the Socotran Blue Baboon. But "Baboon" is all you need to know that it will have you for breakfast if you put a foot wrong.

IMO the only "Blue" T with a personality that is tolerable is the Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens or Green Bottle Blue that has already been mentioned. Some of them turn out to be darlings, and others turn out a bit feisty. Lucky draw I guess.

So yup, this is a tough one.

Shaka.