Are P. bromelicola kept similarly to Avicularia?

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
Tomorrow or the weekend. I'm leaving them in the dark to recover for now.

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
@viper69 @Venom1080

To my great shame I couldn't get any decent pictures this weekend. I moved the male into an empty terrarium and he freaked out and would not stop running. Just endless circling around the top and walls of the cage. The only time he'd settle down is when he thought he had cover in the corners where he would huddle like this for a while.

P bromelicola 2017-02-05 male.jpg

This is exactly what he does between leaves in his enclosure so I'm not sure he's ever going to let me get an image of him just standing out in the open. Funny thing, he doesn't spazz out from being nudged and isn't defensive at all, just very intent on seeking cover. The female seems less skittish and more likely to wander slowly around but she's webbing the heck out of her plants so I let her be for now.

They really are flat. Sometimes when I look at them from the sides I briefly think they've flipped over because I'm used to the carapace being round on top.

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
No hide, that is an empty terrarium that is going to have an A. geniculata in it when I finally get around to putting the rest together. He is living in a temp enclosure with fake plants and a chunk of bark. He usually sits behind the leaves of the plants though.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
@viper69 @Venom1080

To my great shame I couldn't get any decent pictures this weekend. I moved the male into an empty terrarium and he freaked out and would not stop running. Just endless circling around the top and walls of the cage. The only time he'd settle down is when he thought he had cover in the corners where he would huddle like this for a while.

View attachment 230878

This is exactly what he does between leaves in his enclosure so I'm not sure he's ever going to let me get an image of him just standing out in the open. Funny thing, he doesn't spazz out from being nudged and isn't defensive at all, just very intent on seeking cover. The female seems less skittish and more likely to wander slowly around but she's webbing the heck out of her plants so I let her be for now.

They really are flat. Sometimes when I look at them from the sides I briefly think they've flipped over because I'm used to the carapace being round on top.
I had something similar occur with one of mine. They have been very casual while in the enclosures. When the request for pictures occurred I found that one of mine was on the lid and decided to try to take a couple pictures. I carefully removed the lid. At some point I guess the tarantula suddenly realized it was in the middle of nowhere and started running around in circles on the lid. As soon as I laid the lid on top of the enclosure (perpendicular) with the spider on top, it ran back into the enclosure.

My Galaxy S5 is doing terrible pictures that are out of focus for closeups anyway. I hope to remedy that in the very near future.

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
I carefully removed the lid. At some point I guess the tarantula suddenly realized it was in the middle of nowhere and started running around in circles on the lid. As soon as I laid the lid on top of the enclosure (perpendicular) with the spider on top, it ran back into the enclosure.
That is almost exactly how mine was acting most of the time it was in the big tank. Aside from the couple of times it squished itself into a bottom corner it was mostly running in circles on the upper level. When I needed it back in its enclosure I put that under the 5.5 gallon lid it was bolting around and it ran down the side and right back in.

I hope you get a nice camera in the future!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
That is almost exactly how mine was acting most of the time it was in the big tank. Aside from the couple of times it squished itself into a bottom corner it was mostly running in circles on the upper level. When I needed it back in its enclosure I put that under the 5.5 gallon lid it was bolting around and it ran down the side and right back in.

I hope you get a nice camera in the future!
Thanks.

I bought a Samsung Note 7 last year, but it had the fire starter option so I returned it.