Are my T's just n it 4 the fun?(:

Aeakins

Arachnopeon
*PLEASE SEEN ME A PM IT WOULD MAKE ANY INFO U HAVE MUCH EASIER! THANK YOU***

Alright let's make this story as fast as possible. I have a male and female G Rosea. They are both sexually mature. I never witnessed my male make a sperm web and I am unsure if he made one b4 I got him. I put the females web in his cage gave him plenty of water feed him (although he never quite ate...) Nothing happened... Well I noticed the female was acting strangely and questioned her behavior. I came to the conclusion that she was either disturbed by his cage by hers or interested. so I tested this. I put a divider in her cage and placed the male on the other side. It took a while for them to realize that the other was there but when they discovered OH BOY! The two were acting really differently the male was transforming his side almost as if he was trying to get through the divider and the female was digging as well and also pushing at the divider. I wasn't sure what my female was really thinking if it was an agressive action or not. Well being new to (trying) breeding T's I figured I'd never learn if I didn't put them together. The male slightly touched her ONCE and she was immediately in the air (AWSOME) Well botta bing botta boom the deed was done. I helped him escape and put him back in his old cage.
Wait the story is not over! The cages are still by one anther and the female is acting weird again. I caught my male tapping again and her captivated. I've waited two 1/2 weeks now hoping my male would make another sperm web. Should I try the SAME two again? Do T's ever "do it" just to "do it"?
PLEASE HELP ME U GUYS! WHAT DO I DO?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If she's still acting that eager, put them together again. The first time's not always a charm. I'd keep letting them go at it until she no longer shows interest.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes they do just go through the motions and the male is shooting blanks so to speak. Let them go throught the motions a couple of times and then seperate them enough to give them a rest from each other. After a couple of weeks, if the male has not made a sperm web to resupply with, put some of her webbing in his tank and that might trigger him to reload. If he does reload, then you can let them at it again. See if that'll get you the result your looking for.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Many times, you won't see the sperm web because the male destroys it shortly after he makes it. I usually wait 3 days before re-introducing them.

There's plenty of breeding info on the boards. A quick search would yeild you hundereds of pages of information, there's even a breeding reports forum that will help you out.