Are All Tarantula Front Feet Iridescent?

Insects Glorify God

Arachnopeon
I have seen pictures of Ts where they have this amazing iridescence on the underside of most of their front legs (or even on several legs) but I assumed that was just that specific species. So, I was surprised when I saw (after a fresh molt) that my Avicularia Avicularia (Guyana Pink Toe) actually has the same iridescent coloring on the bottom of its front feet. So, is this true to some degree for all Ts?

If you have pics, please share! :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Yes, all species have them to a certain extent - it is the way that the light reflects the dense setae. Some species will be more noticeable than others.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes- actually all their setae are. You see those red/pink/ blues on their body-- NO PIGMENT.;)

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I wish the bottoms of my feet were fun to look at. Sum mammal bs. I get yellow calluses. OH well. Hands, though. Right?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
It is difficult to capture the iridescence however, especially quickly. Received a threat pose from my Psalmopeus pulcher (needs a rehouse...) recently, and was surprised to see baby blue patches on the undersides of the legs. However, my camera only caught a very washed out, dark green.

Thanks,

Arthroverts