Arboreal Centipedes from Malaysia

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not to get off the threads subject,

But arnt those giant orb weavers the spiders that have been known to catch and eat birds in their webs?
"Known to catch birds"... probably so. Actually catch birds... probably not. Kind of like the 13" T. blondi or the 30' anaconda... or my home mortgage being paid off.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
or my home mortgage being paid off.

{D i hear that...i don't have a mortgage, but i've been paying off a guitar for a little bit.. :rolleyes:

so since they have less spiracles than most centipedes, does that mean they aren't quite as prone to losing moisture?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D i hear that...i don't have a mortgage, but i've been paying off a guitar for a little bit.. :rolleyes:

so since they have less spiracles than most centipedes, does that mean they aren't quite as prone to losing moisture?
I dare to say you'd have to find someone pretty deep into pedes (and most likely overseas) to answer any questions in regards to these. I don't think they've been in the US before. I'll get them tonight and have some shipped out Monday, so perhaps come Tuesday someone will be able to post some pictures of them.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, they came in and they are quite impressive looking, but they are infested with mites. Unless the trappers relay info to the contrary, I suspect this may just be a problem with this species and I doubt we'll be bringing them back in. If I find info to the contrary, I'll let you guys know.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, they came in and they are quite impressive looking, but they are infested with mites. Unless the trappers relay info to the contrary, I suspect this may just be a problem with this species and I doubt we'll be bringing them back in. If I find info to the contrary, I'll let you guys know.

Any chance of captive breeding?