arboreal burrowing itself???

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my p.irminia did so. she burried her self. is this normal???? and there is no hole that leads into the cave,did it collapse???should i unbury her???:confused: :confused:

travisamone

Arachnopeon
mine does that too but is still normal and eats at first it will appear there is no burrow but there is judst watch next time she is eating.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have any aboreals that burrow, but my g.rosea often burries him self completely. He'll often go a week with the hole to his burrow shut off. As I was once told "If they can get themselves in there, they can get themselves out."

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. irminia 2"

I just moved my P. irminia 2" to a larger arboreal container set-up and she went immediately to the bottom. I only have a preformed coconut fiber base with some long fiber sphagnum moss on top to help with humidity but she managed to manuever herself between the coconut board and the container. So I guess she still feels the need to burrow. Di

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a P cambrigei from the same family and the one I have is in a tall but wide container and its homemade web is mostly curtains but it stays closer to the bottom of the enclosure than the top and its suppose to be an aboreal species..I think my baby is 3" or bigger I'll take pictures...

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, I'd leave it exactly where it wants to be. It won't burrow if it doesn't want to be in one. Irminia, IME, are only semi-arboreal, and mine certainly burrowed until it was large enough to move into the bamboo tube home I had prepared for it.

My problem is now trying to find a section of bamboo tubing that is bigger in diameter, as she has nearly out-grown the current one.