Araneomorph (True Spider) Picture Thread

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice shots, Chad. I picked up one of those last month at the Tinley NARBC show. Really nice little spider.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Sicarius sp. Chile - my largest at the moment, legspan ~2.5"

Kind of late for this, but that Sicarius looks lovely! What kind of sand sub are you using if I may ask? Really pops out haha

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Just unpacked my beautiful Kukulcania arizonica this morning. Been wanting one for a while, and she is my first true spider! Named her Athena. Totally in love :cute:

Kron

Arachnosquire
Drassodes lapidosus
Drassodes lapidosus.jpg
already uploaded this on another thread but oh well

WeeHector

Arachnopeon
Synaema globosum - Napoleon crab spider, so-called because the black motif on its back resembles a bust of the emperor. 4mm long.

Synaema globosum 5.jpg

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Possible Kukulcania utahana

Note the thin first pair of legs.. Arizonica differs by having thick dense setae on the first pair of legs, giving them a pipe-cleaner appearance compare her to this true K arizonica below:

Artema atlanta female:

The largest pholcid species in the world.. recently introduced into extreme southeast california and southwest arizona. Their body length can reach 15mm, and their legspan can reach 5"!

Syspira sp algodones (possibly S eclectica)

A very handsome species, reminiscent of Arctosa littoralis- which occurs in the same area! I'm unsure whether this is a different species, or simply a pallid morph of S. tigrosa..

I'm going to collect more in the near future and raise some slings for sale!

Last edited: