Apparently, we're all "weird"

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm known as "spider girl" at work by customers lol. You know, I had a problem with people in highschool making fun of me because I didn't like rap and I didn't wear Calvin Klein and Nautica...I didn't own reptiles or arachnids yet, but I am sure I would have heard about it.

I was really excited yesterday because my T finally molted and everything was good. I called my mom all excited and she really didn't care. What bothers me is that she doesn't care about anything that I care about, and I mean she doesn't have to, but it would be nice if she was happy that I was happy. She has always been kind of lazy and uninterested in the parent department.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In high school I kept it mostly to myself and close friends, about my "different" pets.

Until one day in Biology class one of my friends blurted it out during class. The teacher found this interesting, and the lesson for the day was re-directed to a Tarantula questions.

The teacher even asked me if I could bring it in. My big B. smithi was on display in the biology area for about a week.

More recently, most people who find out I keep spiders as a pets, don't think much of it until I tell them how many. (Only 10, so I can only imagine the faces some of you with large collections must get)

My favorite is buying crickets at a large retail pet store, ladies with foo-foo dogs ask what I'm feeding the crickets to. When I reply "large tarantulas" seeing thier faces drop is priceless.

So yes, maybe I'm weird because of my non-traditional pets, and damn proud of it. At least I'm not only one.:D

Desert Rose

Arachnopeon
When people ask me what I feed my T, I tell them it eats fear, souls and little children.:evil: Hehehehehe. JK JK

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When people ask me what I feed my T, I tell them it eats fear, souls and little children.:evil: Hehehehehe. JK JK
Now, now, if we start the myths..............lol

I guess, I could have told the lady while sizing up the dog she was holding, that it would be ideal meal for a T. blondie. Then explain to her just how big they are. She would probably faint. lol

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Whenever someone asks me what I do, I tell them that I breed the things their nightmares are made of.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
When you all put it that way, it sure makes this hobby something to be proud of. :D
:worship: AB !

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: to all ( T ) keepers ;) are love for this hobby is all that counts and this to the rest ;P ;P ;P LOL PHIL

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm known as "spider girl" at work by customers lol. You know, I had a problem with people in highschool making fun of me because I didn't like rap and I didn't wear Calvin Klein and Nautica...I didn't own reptiles or arachnids yet, but I am sure I would have heard about it.

I was really excited yesterday because my T finally molted and everything was good. I called my mom all excited and she really didn't care. What bothers me is that she doesn't care about anything that I care about, and I mean she doesn't have to, but it would be nice if she was happy that I was happy. She has always been kind of lazy and uninterested in the parent department.
the only rap songs when i was in high school was Rapture by Blondie and Walk this way by Aerosmith

Neuroticvirus

Arachnopeon
Heh.. all the people i work with do the same thing with me but all of them are scared of a cricket so i could careless.

arachnonick2

Arachnopeon
Yeah, to tell you the truth I never really worried about my spiders freaking people out, even in highschool. Now being in college it hasnt seemed to phase my friends or recent girl friend. Most people actually think its interesting. Its definetly a better conversation starter than playstation or flat screen. Atleast thats how i feel. Or maybe ive just met really cool people.