Aphonopelma new additions. Gotta Catch em All!

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Went to my FLPS today and found a screaming deal on 2x 3/4" Aphonopelma Bicoloratum. Also look like they are about to molt! Also grabbed a Chilobrachys Fimbriatus because it was about 2" and I didn't have one yet. When buying T's you know? 🤷‍♂️ Lol

I am currently trying to collect Aphonopelma like pokemon and I got to have them all.

Currently sitting at:
2x (Aphonopelma Bicoloratum) Mexican Blood Leg
2x (Aphonopelma Burica) Costa Rican Blue Front
2x (Aphonopelma sp. Diamondback)

All slings so I am in it for the long haul. By them in pairs to raise my odds of getting a female.

Also am about to get a female A. Chalcodes and a couple A. Hentzi slings.

Love Aphonopelma's cause Merica or something. Haha. Really want A. Moderatum, but they are hard to find and the ones that are around are quite pricey. I'll pounce when I find a good deal on those as well.

Any must have Aphonopelma I need on my list? PXL_20210203_013815830.jpg

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Went to my FLPS today and found a screaming deal on 2x 3/4" Aphonopelma Bicoloratum. Also look like they are about to molt! Also grabbed a Chilobrachys Fimbriatus because it was about 2" and I didn't have one yet. When buying T's you know? 🤷‍♂️ Lol

I am currently trying to collect Aphonopelma like pokemon and I got to have them all.

Currently sitting at:
2x (Aphonopelma Bicoloratum) Mexican Blood Leg
2x (Aphonopelma Burica) Costa Rican Blue Front
2x (Aphonopelma sp. Diamondback)

All slings so I am in it for the long haul. By them in pairs to raise my odds of getting a female.

Also am about to get a female A. Chalcodes and a couple A. Hentzi slings.

Love Aphonopelma's cause Merica or something. Haha. Really want A. Moderatum, but they are hard to find and the ones that are around are quite pricey. I'll pounce when I find a good deal on those as well.

Any must have Aphonopelma I need on my list? View attachment 374365
FLPS? It looks hella healthy though. Topsoil is not the best to carry them on though.
Oh ya. If you shouting Murica and don't got a Hentzi then get back at us dude.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Aphonopelma vorhiesi and Aphonopelma gabeli.

I have both, the gabeli is temperamental while the vorhiesi is a shy pet hole.

fun fact: for some odd reason, I seem to have issues keeping A. moderatum alive, I’ve had two slings already. I still recommend them though.

I’m glad that someone else is on the Aphonopelma hype train. I am focusing on the genus myself.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
I've always wanted a gabeli and moorae
Damn how could I forget the Aphonopelma GBB? Moorae definitely going on the list.

FLPS? It looks hella healthy though. Topsoil is not the best to carry them on though.
Oh ya. If you shouting Murica and don't got a Hentzi then get back at us dude.
Friendly Local Pet Store. Not a big box store, but a great small business that ethically deals in excotics. PM me if your in the Portland OR area and I'll point you their way. No doubt on the Hentzi.

Aphonopelma vorhiesi and Aphonopelma gabeli.

I have both, the gabeli is temperamental while the vorhiesi is a shy pet hole.

fun fact: for some odd reason, I seem to have issues keeping A. moderatum alive, I’ve had two slings already. I still recommend them though.

I’m glad that someone else is on the Aphonopelma hype train. I am focusing on the genus myself.
Yeah the A. Gabeli is definitely on my list because HUGE CHELICERAE! lol

No familiar with the A. Vorhiesi. What would you say makes it a must have Aphonopelma besides just you know owning them all? Anything stand out about them?

Need at least 1 A. Armada. Feisty suckers.
Mmm charming looking brown and black T. Adding it to the list and yeah a lot of the pics I am seeing are it in threat posture. Lol

Last edited:

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Damn how could I forget the Aphonopelma GBB? Moorae definitely going on the list.

Friendly Local Pet Store. Not a big box store, but a great small business that ethically deals in excotics. PM me if your in the Portland OR area and I'll point you their way. No doubt on the Hentzi.

Yeah the A. Gabeli is definitely on my list because HUGE CHELICERAE! lol

No familiar with the A. Vorhiesi. What would you say makes it a must have Aphonopelma besides just you know owning them all? Anything stand out about them?

Mmm charming looking brown and black T. Adding it to the list and yeah a lot of the pics I am seeing are it in threat posture. Lol
I'm on the east coast sorry. I couldn't catch a Hentzi even if someone threw them at my face. Too many bois here would grab them before I knew what was going on./
Had one but it died in molt after 3 years. I don't have the gumption either.
Edit: TBH it would have been more comfortable to get a super kick to the beanbag than to suffer that.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I do too. I had one die mysteriously last year. It was a small vial dweller. I gave it pre-killed tiny crickets, it ate fine and got plump, then it buried itself. I kept one side of the vial moist and left some droplets on the side in case it came up to drink in the night. After not seeing it for maybe 6 weeks, I carefully brushed the dirt out of the vial, and there it was, dead. Not shriveled or dehydrated, and still plump. I was very disappointed, and I have no idea what I could have done differently. Maybe nothing.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
out of the Aphonopelma species I have experience with, the vorhiesi burrows the most. My specimen has created at least two entrances to its burrow. It is shy and more likely to hide, rather than remain out in the open. Compared to my two A. hentzi and my gabeli, it isn’t the best come feeding time, but still doesn’t turn down prey.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
A johnnycashi just because. A steindachneri because freshly molted they are jet black, which fades to a deep mink brown, but when the light hits them you understand
why they are called the "San Diego Bronze"
See Below: All the same T.

for me, I'd like to add moderatum and atomicum (once again mostly for the name)

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I also want all of the Aphonopelma, too, but I'm aiming for the dwarfs and Marxi sp. for now.

I got an Aphonopelma peloncillo recently and she's absolutely stunning. I love her. She's also got a great personality. I got A gabeli at the same time and she cracks me up. She runs out when I move the enclosure like she's about to tell me to get off of her lawn. These two girls are some of my favorites.

My Aphonopelma parvum is one of my favorites, too. So far she's been out somewhat regularly compared to my other dwarfs, and she's curious. She's walked right out onto my hand before.

I keep Aphonopelma burica, Aphonopelma catalina, Aphonopelma chalcodes, Aphonopelma gabeli, Aphonopelma madera, Aphonopelma mooreae, Aphonopelma paloma, Aphonopelma parvum, Aphonopelma peloncillo, Aphonopelma saguaro, Aphonopelma seemanni, and Aphonopelma superstitionense so far.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
A johnnycashi just because. A steindachneri because freshly molted they are jet black, which fades to a deep mink brown, but when the light hits them you understand
why they are called the "San Diego Bronze"
See Below: All the same T.

for me, I'd like to add moderatum and atomicum (once again mostly for the name)
You uhhh... Want to send me a couple 😉 lol

I also want all of the Aphonopelma, too, but I'm aiming for the dwarfs and Marxi sp. for now.

I got an Aphonopelma peloncillo recently and she's absolutely stunning. I love her. She's also got a great personality. I got A gabeli at the same time and she cracks me up. She runs out when I move the enclosure like she's about to tell me to get off of her lawn. These two girls are some of my favorites.

My Aphonopelma parvum is one of my favorites, too. So far she's been out somewhat regularly compared to my other dwarfs, and she's curious. She's walked right out onto my hand before.

I keep Aphonopelma burica, Aphonopelma catalina, Aphonopelma chalcodes, Aphonopelma gabeli, Aphonopelma madera, Aphonopelma mooreae, Aphonopelma paloma, Aphonopelma parvum, Aphonopelma peloncillo, Aphonopelma saguaro, Aphonopelma seemanni, and Aphonopelma superstitionense so far.
Wow impressive. I'll have to do some deep dive research on those and decide which ones shall go on the list.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
You uhhh... Want to send me a couple 😉 lol
I have 2 unsexed juveniles I am hoping one hooks out so I can breed him with my big girl. Otherwise I may find some MMs come spring time. If I wind up with slings I will post here for sure.
Here are # 2 and #3 A Stein 2.jpg A Stein 3.jpg

Kibosh

Arachnoknight

After looking further into this list I gotta have A. Paloma (Sooo tiny & cute!) and A. Peloncillo (cool red rump).