Apex Predators

GatorWrestler303

Arachnopeon
Yea thanks I've been working with gators for over a decade but big cats and bear only about 2 years. I have a way harder time reading the fuzzy ones.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yea thanks I've been working with gators for over a decade but big cats and bear only about 2 years. I have a way harder time reading the fuzzy ones.
Because there is more going on upstairs so you have to account for their varying temperaments while gators are overall more instinct driven and thus more predictable.

GatorWrestler303

Arachnopeon
Because there is more going on upstairs so you have to account for their varying temperaments while gators are overall more instinct driven and thus more predictable.
It's more I've seen tigers being sweet to each other and a split second later one is leaking blood. Bears are cool Grizzlys are my fav but black bears can be nuts. With gators and crocs I can read body language way better and know what the majority are going to do. Gators and crocs are super smart and learn well they just don't tend to snap like the mammals.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's more I've seen tigers being sweet to each other and a split second later one is leaking blood. Bears are cool Grizzlys are my fav but black bears can be nuts. With gators and crocs I can read body language way better and know what the majority are going to do. Gators and crocs are super smart and learn well they just don't tend to snap like the mammals.
Not to mention they have to conserve their energy for use in those powerful bursts and what not. Also, don't they have some type of chemical that builds up when they are under extreme stress that could be fatal or is that one of those old wives tales? I never really knew for sure.

Either way, long live the gators! ^_^

GatorWrestler303

Arachnopeon
Yea bro they can get a lactic acid build up. That's why we never work them to exhaustion like some others do because it can kill them. We like to quick catch when we can to avoid them getting injured or dying from it.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I thought so. Good stuff glad to see you guys care about the work and the animals!