APBT or Rottweiler or Boxer

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IF your getting into the pit world you will find a few types or styes and theres a big disagrement between bullys and american pit bulls and amstaff terrier. Some say bullys are mutts mixed with many breeds to get the big heads and 120 pound bodys. some say american pits r the same as amstaffs.:wall: I dont want to get to far into it cuse its a hot button and the back and forth dont stop on this topic. Just like cross breeding Ts:embarrassed:. Just do some looking around on youtube and web sites.
All the pits I have had are from game blood lines which are VERY hard to come by,you got to know the people well,and not breed for looks like the blues and big pits.My best pits really do not look like the "pits" in the macho man status

Most of them are 40 pounds,my best blood line was a 32 pound female named "Stormy" of the red boy bloodline which was brought over back in the 30's by the Irish,I think on my research.but had no other of same blood to breed with so crossed with the gator which was a bigger dog 40-45 pounds,but boy could they catch of 200 pound boar hog in his tracks

Also had the Gator,6 bits,Calver, but IMOP the red boys were the best ;)

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know you said that you wanted a pure bred dog earlier but you could help out a shelter/rescue by getting an APBT from them. They are one of the most commonly discarded dogs and shelters/rescues are loaded with them. At least if you pick a dog from a rescue you...you should have a better idea of what you are getting...behavior/temperament wise...maybe not so much on the heritage. I'm a shelter bully fan. I would love to own a true game bred dog one day but when you see the numbers of really great dogs that are just thrown away, I find it an easy decision. We have too females at the moment...along with the some other small dogs...all rescues.

W. Smith

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know you said that you wanted a pure bred dog earlier but you could help out a shelter/rescue by getting an APBT from them. They are one of the most commonly discarded dogs and shelters/rescues are loaded with them. At least if you pick a dog from a rescue you...you should have a better idea of what you are getting...behavior/temperament wise...maybe not so much on the heritage. I'm a shelter bully fan. I would love to own a true game bred dog one day but when you see the numbers of really great dogs that are just thrown away, I find it an easy decision. We have too females at the moment...along with the some other small dogs...all rescues.

W. Smith
true a lot of young punks are getting these dogs for the wrong reason,and can not care for them so they dumped them,poor dogs are innocent and are not at all the dogs fault just a bunch of retards trying to be cool because they got a pit:wall:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

W. Smith
I tried finding one on rescue.. But I fail at searching for that kind of stuff online..

true a lot of young punks are getting these dogs for the wrong reason,and can not care for them so they dumped them,poor dogs are innocent and are not at all the dogs fault just a bunch of retards trying to be cool because they got a pit:wall:
People that get dogs for that reason make me sick! They really do..

I live around alot of people who MIGHT try and steal any bulldog I get.. Just for that reason.. Thats why the dog is going to be with me everywhere I go.. Wont be outside alone.. Nothing!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried finding one on rescue.. But I fail at searching for that kind of stuff online..

People that get dogs for that reason make me sick! They really do..

I live around alot of people who MIGHT try and steal any bulldog I get.. Just for that reason.. Thats why the dog is going to be with me everywhere I go.. Wont be outside alone.. Nothing!
Yes I had a dog stolen and they fought him a lot,I found out and rounded a posse and stole him back in broad day light when they were home and they had the nerve to ask me can they breed their females to him,I told them if I found them in my yard I got a 12 gauge shoot gun and just ki@@ them....They got the hint;)

Last edited:

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
First off, awesome choice in dogs! XD I love larger breeds.

Anyway, I do suggest finding a breed specific rescue in your area. Adoption is a wonderful thing, and there are thousands of great dogs looking for homes.

I do suggest a rottie or an american bulldog for you. I think that pitts and boxers may be too energetic, especially if you want a puppy. And a large puppy around an older small dog could be a bad thing.

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
try petfinder(dot)com. not sure if that is a rule violation or not...probably is. Oh well, type in pit bull or amstaff rescue or adoption. Some places will list dogs as mixes...which very well could mean backyard pit or high dollar dogs because sometimes pushing it as a pit bull might turn some people off.

There are not as many american bull dogs around...but from what I understand, they can be found. I've seen them from time to time in rescues. I think they come in two types...heavy bodied (stocky) and type that is more lanky.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK! After sitting here.. And cant stop looking at Oreo.. The female in the first link offer above..

I have decided to try and get her! :D

I sent an email about her.. SO.. I got my fingers crossed! :eek:

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What does this mean?

"Daddy is Solid Blue Gotti/Avant and Mom is rednosed Carvers."

This is the kind of stuff that confuses the heck out of me with dogs breeding!

I get that the Daddy is a Solid Blue color.. What is Gotti/Avant? The mom has a rednose.. What is Carvers?

Im guessing the Gotti/Avant & Carvers is the "type" of bulldog? :?

I tried looking for a AmBull on some adopt a pet thing.. Looked in some rescues.. But the ones they have are all blind and such.. Im not able to care for blind dog like it needs.. SO that is out!
Carver is a game-bred APBT bloodline developed by "old-school dog man" Maurice Carver. Gotti line an American Bully "bloodline"(hard to call it that when it's a mix)which has a LOT of both Cane Corso and Neopolitan blood, so the dog you described is a mixed-bred dog. Like I said earlier, blue and red-nose are just two different recessive genetic mutations that occur in many different breeds. A LOT of breeders of AmBullies and even APBT's are clueless about genetics, which is typical of in-it-for-the-money-only breeders. They will sell an "Isabella" colored dog, which is a further dilution of the red/liver gene into a light silvery-tan color(think Weimaraner)as a "red blue-nose", because they don't realize that a combination of those two recessives results in normal black-pigmented puppies, just like mating a Kahl strain and Sharp strain albino Boa results in normal-colored Boas.

pitbulllady

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Carver is a game-bred APBT bloodline developed by "old-school dog man" Maurice Carver. Gotti line an American Bully "bloodline"(hard to call it that when it's a mix)which has a LOT of both Cane Corso and Neopolitan blood, so the dog you described is a mixed-bred dog. Like I said earlier, blue and red-nose are just two different recessive genetic mutations that occur in many different breeds. A LOT of breeders of AmBullies and even APBT's are clueless about genetics, which is typical of in-it-for-the-money-only breeders. They will sell an "Isabella" colored dog, which is a further dilution of the red/liver gene into a light silvery-tan color(think Weimaraner)as a "red blue-nose", because they don't realize that a combination of those two recessives results in normal black-pigmented puppies, just like mating a Kahl strain and Sharp strain albino Boa results in normal-colored Boas.

pitbulllady
Can I get you opinion on this girl? I know you cant go off much based on a picture.. But.. You have way more experiance than myself.. So I would like your opinion on her.. If you dont mind! :)

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17131528

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She is a very nice looking dog...and it's good to know that she tolerates/"gets along with" other dogs...but until you know her and she knows you...I wouldn't trust that. The "no barking indoors" is a plus...we have had a heck of a time getting our street rescue to stop barking in the house. She was an obvious severe neglect case and our best guess is that the only attention she got was when she barked.

If you are interested in her, you will have to fill out the online application...this is just to get your foot in the door. When you fill out the application, be honest but keep in mind that some rescues think these are their "kids" and won't give a dog to just anyone. Bull breed rescues are usually even more selective. Most want bull breeds to go to homes with a fenced yard. Some will allow them in apartments but they will ask for written proof that bulls are allowed from the management. Make sure that the dog will live at least 50% of time indoors, have a vet ready to go (you will have to provide vet history from past dogs), purchase an appropriate sized kennel, and demonstrate that you can give an appropriate amount of attention to the dog. Just make sure that you can demonstrate that you are a strong, confident leader with a level head. The last suggestion I would make is to read up on bull breed history and what makes them a bit different from other dogs. Some of their behaviors might be a bit different than other dogs and if you learn to recognize them, it might keep you out of rough situation.

Good luck,

W. Smith

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can I get you opinion on this girl? I know you cant go off much based on a picture.. But.. You have way more experiance than myself.. So I would like your opinion on her.. If you dont mind! :)

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17131528
That's a nice-looking show-type girl, nice ear crop. Can't tell about size or gait or anything like that, of course, nor do I totally trust the descriptions to be truthful. A lot of dogs act one way at the shelter, then show a different side when you get them home. I'd always suggest spending as much time as you can with the dog before you adopt, and see if the shelter staff will let you try them in different situations, like in public. Our local shelter does that, and I have spent hours with dogs I wasn't even going to be able to adopt just to be able to help them write a reasonably honest assessment. The manager lets me come in after hours to see if certain dogs are cat-compatible, etc. When I got my chocolate cat from them, I'd spent two hours playing with various cats to see which one just felt "right", and few shelters will go that extra mile to make absolutely sure that the match between an animal and its new owner is as close to perfect as possible.

pitbulllady

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I called about Oreo earlier today.. They said she was unavailable at the time..
They just contacted me through email.. Said she was adopted out.. So.. The search continues..