Anywhere in Tennessee to checkout scorps in the wild?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Anywhere in Tennessee to checout scorps in the wild? I doubt there is any on the western side. I'm thinking if there were, it'd be eastern side on near the Carolina / Georgia areas.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Some one else on the boards who lives in west TN! Nice. :)

Sorry- no idea about scorpions in TN. I'm just happy to see someone kinda close to me on here. Lol.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I'm in Arlington just outside Memphis. ;)

I wish our area had more wildlife to see. So far in my area, all I found was armadillos.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I assume you would find V carolinanus there but don't know of any other species in that region.They are a neat communal species.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Vaejovis carolinianus occurs primarily in the eastern part of the state. Their range may go as far west as Nashville but I believe that is it. There is a possibility that Centruroides vittatus occurs in the western part of TN but it would most likely be in pockets.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Vaejovis carolinianus occurs primarily in the eastern part of the state. Their range may go as far west as Nashville but I believe that is it. There is a possibility that Centruroides vittatus occurs in the western part of TN but it would most likely be in pockets.
I never knew that. I have yet to hear any of my friends in (all different parts of) TN attest to having seen a scorpion. That is cool as heck that we have some in this state though! :)