Anything helpful for visible impaction?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I have a 1 inch B Smithi sling with a visible impaction. I don't have pics now and I don't want to bother her again for a few. It appears like it could be a small piece of substrate sticking out of her anus. I have observed it trying to kick it out with its rear legs several times. I took a wet paint brush a few days ago and lightly touched the area. She ran around and swam around the water dish. I was hoping that the water would help but it hasn't. Today I tried a q tip and glycerin. I have yet to find out if that worked. Im going to check on her later. She appears to be in premolt so I am hoping that she molts out of it before it's too late

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
sticking out, are you sure?? or sticking on it
Im not 100%. It's really small. It keeps trying to kick it off. Looks like it's sticking straight out of the anus. I tried glycerin earlier to see if that would help. I will see if I can get a pic tommorow if it is still there

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Im not 100%. It's really small. It keeps trying to kick it off. Looks like it's sticking straight out of the anus. I tried glycerin earlier to see if that would help. I will see if I can get a pic tommorow if it is still there
Well given the T is annoyed, I'm inclined to believe something is internal.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Well, I have my fingers crossed. I didn't see the stick up her but this morning. I hope it molts soon enough. I think it's in premolt. This species grows so slow who knows how long it will take to finally pop off the old suit.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
It died a few days ago. It went into premolt so I was hoping it would molt out of it. It got close to molting and when I checked on it it's abdomen looks wrinkled like a raisin. Whatever was stuck in the anus must have punctured something during the process. Sucks and I wish I would have tried to remove the blockage manually. Since it was in premolt I thought it would molts out of it