Anythine else I can do?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had one of my rosies, Wilma, out while I was doing some studying yesterday evening when my mother walked into my room. My mom didn't bother looking where she was walking, and before I could say or do anything Wilma had been stepped on. :( I'm not mad at my mother, she didn't know Wilma was around, but I panicked. I immediately scooped up the "bleeding" Wilma, who had a badly crushed leg and several other injuries from the experience and applied some sort of non-toxic super glue that my father had to all but the worst damaged leg. That leg was beyond help. The thing that worries me most is that her carapace is injured, and there is some sort of tube poking out of her chelicerae that looks like a duct of some sort that's supposed to be inside. :( Is there anything else I can do for poor Wilma? I put her in a clean plastic deli container with moist paper towels, which I also put on a heating pad. I hate to lose Wilma, she's my study buddy. I would appreciate any suggestions you all might have.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Never Mind

I should have checked on Wilma before posting the above message....she passed on sometime last night. :( I feel bad, because it was ultimately my fault for letting her crawl around my floor, or getting her out of her cage to begin with. She didn't ask to come out of her cage....I took her out. :( I've never shed tears over a tarantula before, until now.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Pate,
I may not be much help, but I'll try. (I know what its like to just wait, and wait) Where exactly is the "tube" thing on Wilma? Could it possibly be a leg? Or, part of, a leg? Has the bleeding stopped?
I would suggest keeping her warm, and moist...Please, keep me posted...If its any consolation, I accidentally dropped one of my E. campestratus slings into water, fairly warm water, and its still alive. Is growing even.
Peace,
Gillian
p.s. she may possible force a molt, due to injury. My blondi, Kaja, got pinned under her half log, and had a small hole in her carapace. 2 days later, she forced a molt, and was fine.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear of the loss of Wilma, let me know if you need a replacement, I can part with one for you.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Pate,
God, I'm really, heartfully sorry. Myself, you do not sound like an uncaring person, one who did this to her on purpose. Try to take comfort in that...
Peace,
Gillian

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
patrgirl,
How very sad I am for you and Wilma. :(
It was an unfortunate accident that you didn't foresee.

Sorry,
Ernie

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pategirl, I am very sorry about your loss. I bet your mother feels real bad. I did go check out your website. Very nice, you did a fine job. Take care, Pam

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i'm sorry pate. i understand what it's like to lose a favorite...
that's very sweet of mebebraz to offer one of his to you. hopefully, this will make you feel a little better.
thanks, mebebraz...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
awww...I'm so sorry to hear this....I've done something like this myself (accidently crushed a sling in a lid), and it sure makes you feel bad. My sympathy to you.
Holley

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, it is very nice of him to offer one of his, and I would have taken him up on that offer if I didn't have three other rosies. I'm sure I can convert one of them into my new study buddy, but I do appreciate the offer, mebebraz...I plan on burying Wilma in my flower garden under my favorite red rose bush. I think its kind of fitting considering how she went. She was the only spider I had a name for, too. Thanks for all of ya'lls condolences.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pategirl I am So So sorry for your loss. I know All to well how it ios to lose a loved pet to an accident like that.
Hugs from myself and the twins.