Anyone with severe bee/wasp/ant allergies ever bit by their tarantula?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i wish i had such allergies to guinea pig myself... but those are some of the few things on earth i am *not* allergic to.

Proof is in the eating of the pudding... so let us hear any first hand experiences :)

(incidentily, no i didn't search before i posted this... i will backsearch and make a precis though)

lemonie

Arachnopeon
Well, not yet but we'll see. I'll be getting our first T's next week and my hubby is allergic to any kind of scratch, nibble or bug looking at him. His whole face swelled up and eye shut after being bit by a deer fly, so I'm sure an epi-pen will be near by when he's attempting to handle the T's.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have seen a guy get bite by an OBT that is allergic. There was alot of pain, but nothing really out of the realm of a obt. He did have shortness of breath and swelling of the glands.

I guess we need to focus on the fear here.

If you are allergic to bees, which I am. You need to keep on you a epipen. If you get bite use and start to react, use the pen.

I keep almost all the "hot" ones and do not worry about it. IF I was allergic to spiders then yes I would keep an epipen closer to the cages. But I keep one pen in the same room. If I take a bite then I will use it if I need it.