anyone know

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hello all, i know a guy who is gonna send me a whole bunch of spiders from florida for practicaly free the thing is i don't what they are i don't have a pic but i can describe: they black and yellow with some white i think, legspan is between 3.5-4'' , they look like a large orb weaver spider, have huge webs inbetween trees in the woods, i have no idea what they are maybe orb weavers? they sound cool and i hoping to get some gravid ones and maybe breed some to keep em going in my collection, i asked the guy about them becasue i had seen the same spiders in oaklahoma when i was there looking around in the woods, i also seem them in florida too can anyone help figure what they are, i know this is'nt to much to work with, sorry, thanks for any help--Jeff

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From the info it is hard pinpoint what they are. IMO they could ether be orbweavers (Nephila ) or they could be Argiope spiders. both common in FL. The "yellow and black Argiope" (Argiope aurantia) spiders are very close to what you describe.