Anyone have one of these?

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think my next order will be for these two species does anyone have experience with them?

Poecilotheria rufilata

Avicularia bicegoi

I will also be ordering an adult from John Hoke or Todd to put on display at the office but I havent decided on which species - I think probably an aboreal.

Thanks, Ropes

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually she is. She is at 5" and has adapted well and I don't mist her as often as I should but she has a good sized water dish and seems quite content. She is eating right now. They are more timid than some of the other pokes. We can clean her cage and she will run and hide, not like my 7" Regalis or 6" Ornata, them two like to hold their ground and show me that they are the boss:D I still win though!

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Get both, they're both awesome. I like the becigo better, but they only have slings available right now.

-Jeremy

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ropes4u
I think my next order will be for these two species does anyone have experience with them?

Poecilotheria rufilata

Avicularia bicegoi

I will also be ordering an adult from John Hoke or Todd to put on display at the office but I havent decided on which species - I think probably an aboreal.

Thanks, Ropes
Um, since I won't ever own a pokie, I can't find it in me to reccommend it. But the A. bicegoi is beautiful and I recommend it wholeheartedly! In fact, I might just stick with the family Avicularia for all of my arborial needs. Hmmm...:?

Definately get the bicegoi!

Bd

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just curious by why wouldnt you own a Pokie or a bicegoi? Pokies are gorgeous and fast becoming my most wanted.

John

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have never personally cared for one, but from what i've heard, they are pretty easy going. But in the off chance u get a mean one, no matter what spider it is, nothing can defend against a pair of metal tongs :p

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ropes4u
Just curious by why wouldnt you own a Pokie or a bicegoi? Pokies are gorgeous and fast becoming my most wanted.

John
I would get a bicegoi.

Pokies are gorgeous. But I am just erring on the better side of caution, because of the bite reports such as the one at http://www.bighairyspiders.com/ . When you go there, click the link that says "Important notice about Poecilotheria!". Look around the site while you are there. It is a really great site, although it isn't updated on a regular or semi-regular basis. I have read other reports of bad reactions to pokie venom. There are many people who would discount this reaction as being an alergic reaction, but I haven't seen any reports this serious due to a B. smithi bite. Sure this might just be blown out of proportion, and I might be overreacting, but I won't get one.

BD

They are gorgeous though!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Dean W
i have never personally cared for one, but from what i've heard, they are pretty easy going. But in the off chance u get a mean one, no matter what spider it is, nothing can defend against a pair of metal tongs :p
Can the spiders not climb metal? Because I have read at least one bite report, where a sling such a a H. lividum ran up the tongs and bit the person on the hand numerous times.

BD

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi,
Definitely the rufi...Plus, it will make an outstandingly gorgeous display t.
Peace,
Gillian

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You're all babies ;)

get a pokie!
seriously...
it was one of my first spiders....
they are not aggressive often... just flighty....
and a bite is a bite.... if you're gonna go, what better way than a T bite!

Dean W

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the metal tongs was just a joke, i would not suggest using tongs to pick up or hold a tarantula. Just not a good idea,