Anyone have experience with Lyssomanes viridis?

AAO

Arachnosquire
I have a male Lyssomanes viridis subadult and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this species? He has never spun a silk retreat and I’m a little worried. That being said, I’m not even sure if this species does spin them. I’ve never seen one in one in the wild and I can’t find any information online. Is this species just not very likely to spin a retreat, or is he uncomfortable?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Lyssomanes are a wandering/hunting spider that blend in with vegetation. Are there any leaves in his enclosure?
I've never owned one but It would probably make a hide in a leaf or simply stay in leaf cover. Jumping spiders make a small hammock normally but there are species that burrow in dirt and stay in curled leaves.
I know that they are in fact kept in the hobby, they are very popular as photography models, just not very often
if youd like i can PM you where you might get more answers

AAO

Arachnosquire
PM would be great! He does have fake leaves in his enclosure, but perhaps I should dry him out some real rolled leaves. He is also most definitely male - if that makes a difference within the species.

Lyssomanes are a wandering/hunting spider that blend in with vegetation. Are there any leaves in his enclosure?
I've never owned one but It would probably make a hide in a leaf or simply stay in leaf cover. Jumping spiders make a small hammock normally but there are species that burrow in dirt and stay in curled leaves.
I know that they are in fact kept in the hobby, they are very popular as photography models, just not very often
if youd like i can PM you where you might get more answers