Anyone ever have a phantom egg sac?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just had a Tap gigas make a sac!! It has never seen a male before either. Thought it was going to molt when it webbed up everything but it is sitting on a sac now:confused:

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had it a few times. It seems they get to a point where they just obey the female cycle and go through all the motions. But think of it this way you are keeping her well enough that she feels comfortable enough to made a sac, even if it is a false one.
I'd take it after a few days. Because you know it's a dud there is no telling when it will spoil with mites and or mold.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my A. seemani laid a big fat sac, and never was bred either. she took care of it for 40 days and then pitched it.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Just had a Tap gigas make a sac!! It has never seen a male before either. Thought it was going to molt when it webbed up everything but it is sitting on a sac now:confused:
I have an Avicularia minatrix that did the same thing yesterday. Well I guess I know what sex it is now :rolleyes:

Of course, most of the females I mate don't make egg sacks but the ones I don't mate are starting to :rolleyes: :confused: