Any point in going to Reptile Expo in Phoenix Tomorrow?

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Just wondering if any vendors bring inverts? It looks like they've got the leopard gecko market stitched right up! :meh:

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
Wait what where? I just searched for it but only found the November one??

Dovey

Arachnobaron
It's not a biggie, but hey, you get birds, too. I'm always up for looking at amazing birds. I only see one vendor who carries inverts, though. Just wondering if I'm missing any. Why in the world would someone from Ken the Bug Guy's organization in Tucson not be there, for instance?

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I'm looking for a mature chalcodes female. You'd think I'd be able to find one in Phoenix, chalcodes ground zero!

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
Ooh interesting. I only recognize Custom Creatures, which had inverts at Repticon this past April. I'll look up some of the others to see if there are enough to make it worth checking out.

Haha I caught a female A chalcodes near my workplace last year. I need to go find her a mature male.

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
Ok so from a quick scan, Reptile Mogul and Unleashed Reptiles also seem to carry inverts. A number of the vendors don't seem to have websites so there are probably more. I emailed through the expo's contact page so maybe they'll reply by tomorrow morning.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
You are thorough! I'm going to try to go, I think. Worst case scenario: I see the prices on parrots and feel a WHOLE lot better about the pittance we spend on inverts. :p

Dovey

Arachnobaron
It was actually pretty encouraging, though of course no one had anything on my aquisitions list in their inventory on site at the show. The T. gigas I want was too esoteric, and the MF chalcodes was too low-brow. Everybody looked at me like I was asking if they carried house flies, and I'm thinking "YOU go out there and dig out one of those elusive girlies - they burrow up to six feet in Rocky soil!" I'd need a pick-axe out here in New River. We're just one extended field of fault lines and boulders!

So do you want to use my male? I've about decided to possess myself with patience and just wait for my teen girl to grow up. Watch: she'll turn out to be yet another male! :banghead: I'd be happy with a 2-to-1 split of the slings, since males are everywhere right now. My boy's advantage is his gen-u-ine New River Rust Rump bona fides, right down to a street address. He'll make particularly beautiful babies!

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
It was actually pretty encouraging, though of course no one had anything on my aquisitions list in their inventory on site at the show. The T. gigas I want was too esoteric, and the MF chalcodes was too low-brow. Everybody looked at me like I was asking if they carried house flies, and I'm thinking "YOU go out there and dig out one of those elusive girlies - they burrow up to six feet in Rocky soil!" I'd need a pick-axe out here in New River. We're just one extended field of fault lines and boulders!

So do you want to use my male? I've about decided to possess myself with patience and just wait for my teen girl to grow up. Watch: she'll turn out to be yet another male! :banghead: I'd be happy with a 2-to-1 split of the slings, since males are everywhere right now. My boy's advantage is his gen-u-ine New River Rust Rump bona fides, right down to a street address. He'll make particularly beautiful babies!
Yes!! I replied in the direct messages :)