Arachnosupporter +
Received these little ones today:

0.0.4 Ornithoctoninae sp. Ranong Blue, roughly 0.75" DLS:
1000020808.jpg
1000020803.jpg
1000020802.jpg

Div129

Arachnopeon
Was an exciting weekend, finally saved up enough for my wishlist Ts, my second balfouri (MM), and my first scorpion (emperor scorpion).
Brachypelma boehmei - Adult female
IMG_1455.jpeg
Xenesthis intermedia - 3 inch
IMG_1462.jpeg
Ceratogyrus darlingii - 3 inch
IMG_1460.jpeg
Birupes simoroxigorum - 2 inch (shy T, sorry for bad pic)
IMG_1445.jpeg
Monocentropus balfouri - Male
IMG_1465.jpeg
Emperor scorpion
IMG_1466.jpeg
Package arrived like this, thankfully everyone survived :hurting:.
IMG_1468.jpeg

Last edited:

I am Raf

Arachnopeon
Had a delivery last week, four giant vinegaroons - mastigoproctus giganteus. Looking to start breeding them in the near future.

Had a breeding pair some years ago, but the male passed away not long after mating and the female ate her egg sac.

Anyways, here are the new additions: Eeny.png Meeny.png Miney.png Mo.png

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.2 Phormingochilus sp Sabah Red - 5”

I’ll get pictures once I get back from Hillsboro on Sunday.

They already have the yellow fringe!?
They're very fuzzy, but it's not as yellow as it looks in the pics - more of a tan.

Nice pickup on the Sabah reds - I should have some males when they're ready!

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Got a 2" P rufilata, a 0.4" Theraphosinae sp. Cuzco sling, and finally a 0.5" H pulchripes. Was just going to get the P rufi and the T sp.Cuzco but I couldn't resist that golden blue goodness.
20240319101305_IMG_4785.JPG 20240319103644_IMG_4787.JPG 20240319142841_IMG_4791.JPG

Last edited:

Bexx

Arachnopeon
Today has been. The BEST day! Went to the expo in White Plains and OMG!!! I got TWO wishlist Ts!

First up! I didn't think I was going to find one of these, and I lost my mind when I did! D. diamantinensis! It's so tiny now, but I am in LOVE! Seller said it would take little mealworms and, luckily, I have those in the house!

1713722680597.png

And, of course. I didn't think I would find something like this, but! I got a G. pulchra! The only enclosure I have at home is a bit small, but don't worry! I ordered a 12 x 12 cube for this beauty! I think he's a male, unsure. Hoping to get some good guesses.

1713722799135.png

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Hillsboro was good to me

0.2 Phormingochilus sp Sabah Red - 5”

Sabah Red F01
IMG_0857.jpeg IMG_0860.jpeg

Sabah Red F02
IMG_0866.jpeg IMG_0868.jpeg

0.1 Phormingochilus sp Sabah Blue - 6”

IMG_0870.jpeg

0.4 Cyriopagopus vonwirthi - 3”

IMG_0876.jpeg

F02 IMG_0879.jpeg

F03 IMG_0878.jpeg

F04
IMG_0877.jpeg

0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp Uthai Thani

IMG_0874.jpeg

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Hillsboro cont’d

1.0 Psednocnemis brachyramosa (Mature Male)
IMG_0873.jpeg

0.0.3 Cyriopagopus albostriatus
IMG_0875.jpeg

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Got a nice haul from @Matt Man (Bug Cage Company) at our expo this weekend. It was so nice to meet you and your beautiful daughter!!! 😍

I'm happy I got the exact two slings I was looking for:

Cyriopagopus albostriatus "Ratchaburi" - my wildest sling so far, I am so excited about this one
PXL_20240421_231822385.jpg

Chilobrachys natanicharum, a saint in comparison. I love what they did with the place 😍. Will probably wait to rehouse this one
PXL_20240422_205830276.jpg

And then something I didn't expect to see... The newest bb smol addition to my Last Will and Testament, in the section titled "Aphonopelma Addendum"
PXL_20240422_210445325.jpg

Aphonopelma iodius 🤯 (right)
PXL_20240422_210505788.jpg
Has a bit of size on my big A steindachneri (on the left, the nondescript blob at the bottom) who has never molted, the smaller of the two is gearing up for a second molt with me. But the fastest growing has been the Aphonopelma madera, I'd have to check but I think their sacs are from the same year or only a few months apart

I have been grinding continuing education courses to renew my certification (the website went down just in time for the expo, my priorities are straight I promise 🤣), so it's bed time first and then I gotta get the A iodius in a matching home where it may live for the next few years 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@curtisgiganteus I'd say you were good to the expo 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Got a nice haul from @Matt Man (Bug Cage Company) at our expo this weekend. It was so nice to meet you and your beautiful daughter!!! 😍

I'm happy I got the exact two slings I was looking for:

Cyriopagopus albostriatus "Ratchaburi" - my wildest sling so far, I am so excited about this one
View attachment 471510

Chilobrachys natanicharum, a saint in comparison. I love what they did with the place 😍. Will probably wait to rehouse this one
View attachment 471511

And then something I didn't expect to see... The newest bb smol addition to my Last Will and Testament, in the section titled "Aphonopelma Addendum"
View attachment 471512

Aphonopelma iodius 🤯 (right)
View attachment 471513
Has a bit of size on my big A steindachneri (on the left, the nondescript blob at the bottom) who has never molted, the smaller of the two is gearing up for a second molt with me. But the fastest growing has been the Aphonopelma madera, I'd have to check but I think their sacs are from the same year or only a few months apart

I have been grinding continuing education courses to renew my certification (the website went down just in time for the expo, my priorities are straight I promise 🤣), so it's bed time first and then I gotta get the A iodius in a matching home where it may live for the next few years 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@curtisgiganteus I'd say you were good to the expo 🤣🤣🤣
Was great to meet you and the gang. Glad I could help fill both your bucket list, and your 'generational' collection. If there's any other Aphonopelma (or anything else) you are looking for lemme know. I should have asked if you have the A. sp Diamondback which is one of my faves

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Was great to meet you and the gang. Glad I could help fill both your bucket list, and your 'generational' collection. If there's any other Aphonopelma (or anything else) you are looking for lemme know. I should have asked if you have the A. sp Diamondback which is one of my faves
Well there is truly not an Aphonopelma I don't want 🤣

Non-US Bucket list that I might actually see in my life time (you can guess who sits at the top)
A burica or crinirufum
A palladium
A serratum
Someday I will reconcile Dugesiella in my brain but whether it's Aphonopelma or not now the anitahoffmanae

US Bucket list
#1 A eutylenum - Rick West's first T I believe, and look what he has given to the world. That must have been one amazing tarantula 🧡
A armada
A mollendorfi
A johnnycashi
Any of the sky island dwarves
A superstitionense
And specifically, a young male A paloma 😭 and a young male A xwalxwal (no rush)

The only Mexican Aphonopelma I have is the sp Queretaro, shameful I know. Just figured I'd build my homegrown heroes up first (and they are a lot cheaper thanks to Tim) but most importantly I try to not keep anything I can't find a mate for. Not looking for success just to give them a full life. I worry I can't bank on that with the non US species.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Well there is truly not an Aphonopelma I don't want 🤣

Non-US Bucket list that I might actually see in my life time (you can guess who sits at the top)
A burica or crinirufum
A palladium
A serratum
Someday I will reconcile Dugesiella in my brain but whether it's Aphonopelma or not now the anitahoffmanae

US Bucket list
#1 A eutylenum - Rick West's first T I believe, and look what he has given to the world. That must have been one amazing tarantula 🧡
A armada
A mollendorfi
A johnnycashi
Any of the sky island dwarves
A superstitionense
And specifically, a young male A paloma 😭 and a young male A xwalxwal (no rush)

The only Mexican Aphonopelma I have is the sp Queretaro, shameful I know. Just figured I'd build my homegrown heroes up first (and they are a lot cheaper thanks to Tim) but most importantly I try to not keep anything I can't find a mate for. Not looking for success just to give them a full life. I worry I can't bank on that with the non US species.
got it. No bicoloratum on the list???
I assume all slings? So wacky that one of our (San Diego) natives are so high on your list. Speaking of, remember when I was telling you the Steindachneri were also called SD Bronze?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I assume all slings? So wacky that one of our (San Diego) natives are so high on your list. Speaking of, remember when I was telling you the Steindachneri were also called SD Bronze?
my others , some in action. Mavis, Cleotha and hopefully Yvonne.
For those of you confused as you weren't in our chat at the show, I have breeder A, steindachneri

Attachments

Last edited:

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
What a stunning creature. I am so envious (along with the Europeans) that could possibly encounter one in the wild.

I have seen exactly one wild tarantula my entire life. Found here
Screenshot_20240423-122429.png . He was only about an inch. And would've outgrown his burrow eventually. This was a campground bathroom surrounded by concrete sidewalks. I'm going to raise him to maturity and then drive him back down there to that exact spot so he can go make more 😍. I dug up a bunch of native soil from a safe place nearby and that's what I keep him on. I feed him down there because he refuses to surface, two molts now. There is talk about WC specimens not doing well in captivity...I do believe they expect to encounter food in their burrows. I try to keep his sand moist, exactly how I found it during the summer. (Bottom right, you can see L4, he's up to very important tarantula things)
PXL_20240423_192937546.jpg

Re: bicoloratum I've already got a very affordable male in my shopping cart actually lol, he's tiny though

Their long lifespan is what appeals to me, so I will never complain about raising slings, I do try to stay the CB route but most importantly if I go the WC route it is for breeding attempts only and I don't know enough people to trust their sustainable collection practices.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I recently bought my first G. Pulchra, which I know is a very common species, but I wanted one for a long time!
Once upon a time adult Grammostola rosea was your typical $20 deli cup pickup, now they are extremely hard to come by.

Congrats and enjoy!!!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
What a stunning creature. I am so envious (along with the Europeans) that could possibly encounter one in the wild.

I have seen exactly one wild tarantula my entire life. Found here
View attachment 471578 . He was only about an inch. And would've outgrown his burrow eventually. This was a campground bathroom surrounded by concrete sidewalks. I'm going to raise him to maturity and then drive him back down there to that exact spot so he can go make more 😍. I dug up a bunch of native soil from a safe place nearby and that's what I keep him on. I feed him down there because he refuses to surface, two molts now. There is talk about WC specimens not doing well in captivity...I do believe they expect to encounter food in their burrows. I try to keep his sand moist, exactly how I found it during the summer. (Bottom right, you can see L4, he's up to very important tarantula things)
View attachment 471579

Re: bicoloratum I've already got a very affordable male in my shopping cart actually lol, he's tiny though

Their long lifespan is what appeals to me, so I will never complain about raising slings, I do try to stay the CB route but most importantly if I go the WC route it is for breeding attempts only and I don't know enough people to trust their sustainable collection practices.
Nice! Can I ask what is he? So many species in your zone. I 'borrow' mature male A. steindachneri that wander into my office, pair them with my female(s) and return them to a safer spot win the canyon from where they came. Last years attempt was with a male I had raised
from a juvie who had been displaced by construction.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Nice! Can I ask what is he? So many species in your zone. I 'borrow' mature male A. steindachneri that wander into my office, pair them with my female(s) and return them to a safer spot win the canyon from where they came. Last years attempt was with a male I had raised
from a juvie who had been displaced by construction.
Not sure yet, will depend on how big he gets, Chalcodes would be the only non dwarf option I think. I'll dm you the coordinates.

Edit I can't bc your inbox is full lol

Last edited: