Any New Additions?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I found this pretty girl, an adult female G. porteri at my local pet store. Got her for $70. A pleasant surprise since I've been wanting one of these for a while but only ever see them as slings. I love her pink and grey coloration. Subdued beauty that really appeals to me. I'm going to name her a pretty, feminine, flowery name once I come up with something. A very calm and docile spider, a real sweetheart.

Attachments

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I found this pretty girl, an adult female G. porteri at my local pet store. Got her for $70. A pleasant surprise since I've been wanting one of these for a while but only ever see them as slings. I love her pink and grey coloration. Subdued beauty that really appeals to me. I'm going to name her a pretty, feminine, flowery name once I come up with something. A very calm and docile spider, a real sweetheart.
What about Lily?

MontePython

Arachnosquire
Had two orders show up today!

A. chalcodes subadult female (~10cm dls) - GORGEOUS and so calm. Did a few slow laps before having a long drink and settling down. Named Dusty.
C. fimbriatus sling (~2cm) - probably the largest of the slings and the most cooperative; has already started webbing up a bit! Named Minouche.
I. mira sling (~1.5cm) - the smallest of the slings, and the least skittish or bolty. I know I have a soft spot for baboons, but it's SO cute??? Named Caligula (because it has little boots)
O. aureotibialis sling (~2cm) - the most defensive of the group and was a BEAR to get out of the vial. I'm talking threat poses, slapping, the whole nine yards, only to then just walk out like nothing happened. Named Godiva (the joke was originally about the fact that it's a beautiful spider, but I'd never catch it out but now I'm like "Well maybe I should've gone with something more grumpy-sounding")

plus a surprise freebie Cyriopagopus sp. "hati hati" sling (~2cm) who was just a bolting nightmare to house initially (I had it in a holding container briefly because I needed to drill holes in my spare tall), but then was actually pretty well behaved for the rehouse. Fuzzy, purple drama queen. Named it Yolanda.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Told myself no more T's but couldn't resist picking up an undescribed sp. and a new one I somewhat contributed to placeholder naming.

Phlogius sp. Dimbulah
IMG_20210113_190247.jpg
IMG_20210113_215721.jpg
IMG_20210114_062023.jpg

Selenotholus sp. "secret squirrel"
IMG_20210107_214926.jpg
IMG_20210107_214623.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I found a breeder for Tapinauchenius rasti and ordered a female. Now I'm waiting for better weather
... I'm really looking forward to it!

Benjaminn

Arachnopeon
Got some new Ts arriving on tuesday! i couldnt resist the 20% off of everything so i helped myself

1 Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan
1 Chilobrachys sp. Cambodian Blue
1 Chilobrachys sp. Electric Blue
1 Lampropelma nigerrimum arboricola
1 Omothymus violaceopes
1 Omothymus schiodtei
1 Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
1 Poecilotheria vittata
1 Phormingochilus sp. rufus
3 Pterinochilus murinus (RCF)
1 Selenocosmia arndsti
3 Sericopelma sp. santa catalina

and a Selenops radiata freebie!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Got some new Ts arriving on tuesday! i couldnt resist the 20% off of everything so i helped myself

1 Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan
1 Chilobrachys sp. Cambodian Blue
1 Chilobrachys sp. Electric Blue
1 Lampropelma nigerrimum arboricola
1 Omothymus violaceopes
1 Omothymus schiodtei
1 Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
1 Poecilotheria vittata
1 Phormingochilus sp. rufus
3 Pterinochilus murinus (RCF)
1 Selenocosmia arndsti
3 Sericopelma sp. santa catalina

and a Selenops radiata freebie!
Damn! I'm jealous!

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
After swearing off any new spiders, I was unable to locate a female Heterothele villosella in need of a good palping by my fresh son, so I bought him a girlfriend. Her cousin came along in case she was lonely.
IMG_6392.JPG

The H gabonensis was chill as could be, and just inconsolably balled itself up on this napkin, which was the saddest thing I had ever seen:
IMG_6398.JPG

I booped her on the butt and she finally scurried off. This is a temporary enclosure, so I plan to rehouse her once my order of enclosures arrives.

I figured I'd let the H villosella lady come out on her own, but she seems to think that the vial is a great burrow, so I'm going to have to evict her today:
IMG_6440.JPG

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Screaming deal on a subadult H. Gigas today from my FLPS. At least 4-5", really hope it's female. Only apprehension is that I hope it's not WC. The CK is only a temporary home until I can make something much deeper. Made a stater burrow under that piece of cork bark and it B lined right for it. Crazy thing is, no bolting, no threat display, just kind of stubbornly wanted to stay in it's deli tray and had to nudge it into it's new home. Second one I have ever kept and Love at first sight!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lazaru

Arachnopeon
I've recently received a couple more inverts
0.0.5 P.metallica
0.0.2 H.mac
1.1 H .spinnifer
I really am now at full capacity for inverts so will have to put off anymore new for a lil while .

Arachnomaster

Arachnopeon
I recently received an A.Metallica and a G.Iheringi plus the dealer gave me an A.Chalcodes plus they were all Juvies

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Bunch of new species arrived today!
Aphonopelma sp. bosque primavera
Aphonopelma sp. diamonback
Aphonopelma sp. tamaulipas
Davus pentaloris
Theraphosinae sp. roatan

And more! Always excited to get new Aphonopelmas in