Any New Additions?

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
My new pal. I should have looked closer as once he was cupped, I noticed the tibial hooks. He's kind of small I thought for a MM LP.

Now for the cornstarch....they cupped him before I reached the store and evidently as she was putting the lid on , he stuck a leg out. He's doing fine and seepage has stopped. He's just gonna be wearing some starch for a while.

His set up was horrible which triggered the impulse buy and then the halved the price for damaged goods. He'll live like a king for the next year or so.... wish we had more time together though.

All of the stress must have made him thirsty! 20201031_184604.jpg 20201031_150954.jpg

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I saw this beautiful adult female A. chalcodes at the pet shop and just couldn't resist. This is a photo of her at the store...she's in a more appropriate enclosure now. A bit of an impulse buy but I don't regret it in the slightest. I just need to come up with a name for her now, so if any has ideas please chime in!
I'm so jealous you can find one like that in the US. All we have in Poland are tiny slings that are on the rare side anyways. :sad:
Anyways, she's really pretty and I hope you two can get along!

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Many many years I´have bought only sexed juvie females. And right now I´ve ordered 2 Phormictopus dominican purple (cautus) first instar.
Costs 50€ for both Ts + over night shipping 17,50€. I hope for one male and one female, never kept a Phormic species before, cancerides and atrichomatus is not
my thing, but when I saw this purple beautys in Toms videos, I knew I must get these to my small collection.

Want to keep my collection small, 12-15 T´s are okay, thatswhy I have to choose wisley.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Added a 3rd A Steindachneri to the collection
So I have 1 Adult Female and 2 Juveniles, which I think are 1 Female and 1 Male

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I added a few more today. C. versicolor, T. albopilosus, and another P. murinus. All slings.
Plus in the last few days I've collected a native lynx spider, a wolf spider, and a jumping spider, all unidentified at this point.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
BROS BROS BROs!!!

A friend of mine who is a tarantula vendor reached out to me the other day asking me if I wanted an adult female Brachypelma smithi! And I was like “uhhh YESS?? What do you want for it?”

Turns out that one of his customers had recently placed an order, but due to personal issues, he felt as though he would be unable to properly care for the spiders he ordered, and instead of a refund, he wanted my friend to find them a good home.

LOOK AT THIS ANGEL!!
3415C747-9830-4EAC-B7F0-D08721FDF8BB.jpeg
SHE’S PERFECT!!
I have asked the gentleman to give her a name and promised to give him regular updates.

In addition to that, I picked up a B auratum and B klaasi sling. THEN my friend threw in a wolf spider.

And THEN!

He casually mentioned he had bought a mature male Avicularia minatrix in a collection he recently bought up. My female recently molted and has reached sexual maturity, so I immediately asked how much he wanted for him, and he just handed the little dude over to me for free. He just wants part of the sac.
D3B0394B-3E3C-4622-8B37-C1772FB1253B.jpeg
I am deceased.

It’s like Christmas!!

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
BROS BROS BROs!!!

A friend of mine who is a tarantula vendor reached out to me the other day asking me if I wanted an adult female Brachypelma smithi! And I was like “uhhh YESS?? What do you want for it?”

Turns out that one of his customers had recently placed an order, but due to personal issues, he felt as though he would be unable to properly care for the spiders he ordered, and instead of a refund, he wanted my friend to find them a good home.

LOOK AT THIS ANGEL!!
View attachment 365259
SHE’S PERFECT!!
I have asked the gentleman to give her a name and promised to give him regular updates.

In addition to that, I picked up a B auratum and B klaasi sling. THEN my friend threw in a wolf spider.

And THEN!

He casually mentioned he had bought a mature male Avicularia minatrix in a collection he recently bought up. My female recently molted and has reached sexual maturity, so I immediately asked how much he wanted for him, and he just handed the little dude over to me for free. He just wants part of the sac.
View attachment 365260
I am deceased.

It’s like Christmas!!
Oh wow, congrats!

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Just picked up a G. pulchra sling, with enclosure, for $50! (I actually gave her $60, she looked like she was about to cry and I think she needed the $10 more than me.)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
BROS BROS BROs!!!

LOOK AT THIS ANGEL!!
View attachment 365259
SHE’S PERFECT!!

And THEN!

View attachment 365260
I am deceased.

It’s like Christmas!!
What a day you had....!!! Congrats!!

rosenkrieger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I went into a reptile store to get my wife a ball python and walked out with her python and a 4"-5" GBB with full enclosure

IMG_2058.JPEG

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm picking up an Aphonopelma chalcodes, Tliltocal albopilosus, and Cyriopagopus Lividus later today at Repticon! I've always wanted a C. lividus and I'm finally going to have one 😁 and possibly an OBT.

Last edited:

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, I'm in it for the long haul! Brought this beautiful A. chalcodes home today along with the C. lividus and T. albopilosus

Attachments

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I picked up the last one I am getting for a while recently, a 3cm P irminia sling. Thats my little (well, 27 strong) collection of species i really wanted to keep complete.
I'm sure I will be adding to that in tbe future though!