Any ideas?

Den

Arachnosquire
Hi! I just got into inverts about 4 months ago and I got my first two about a 2 months ago. I have a rosey, and a forest scorpion. And my birthday is comming up.{D Anyway, I would like a second T! I have a few specifications I would it to make as well. I would like it to be MEAN, colorful and have a low toxicitity. But certenly one that doesn't burrow. So a cobalt is out of the question for now.:( Any ideas?

Den

Arachnosquire
I'm up for anything as long as I can get it as a sling. As long as I can keep it in a small pill container and is not verry heat sensitive.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't say T. blondi is colorful or mean. If you want a species that is "mean" typically you would be looking for an old world species which most of the time are fairly reclusive... I have a H. lividum (cobalt) she digs awesome burrows but she rarely hides. If provided the right accommodations they will eventually fell comfortable enough to spend time outside if their burrows.

Den

Arachnosquire
How does a GBB fit? It's stunning! Idon't know about it's potency, or if it's an agressive eater (what I meant by "mean").

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How does a GBB fit? It's stunning! Idon't know about it's potency, or if it's an agressive eater (what I meant by "mean").
That is a perfect fit... colorful, voracious eaters and they are new world species too.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi! I just got into inverts about 4 months ago and I got my first two about a 2 months ago. I have a rosey, and a forest scorpion. And my birthday is comming up.{D Anyway, I would like a second T! I have a few specifications I would it to make as well. I would like it to be MEAN, colorful and have a low toxicitity. But certenly one that doesn't burrow. So a cobalt is out of the question for now.:( Any ideas?
I can't help but sit and chuckle just a little...

Little advice Den... A MEAN spider look absolutely identical to a Nice spider unless you intend to piss it off in methods not really necessary.

If you are looking for something to blow at and show your friends the cute threat display, you might want to reconsider this hobby. The MEAN trait should be a byproduct of the other traits you are looking for. Not a specific trait to seek out.

Now... I second the OBT.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the OPs defense... He did carify what he meant by "mean"

Den

Arachnosquire
I can't help but sit and chuckle just a little...

Little advice Den... A MEAN spider look absolutely identical to a Nice spider unless you intend to piss it off in methods not really necessary.

If you are looking for something to blow at and show your friends the cute threat display, you might want to reconsider this hobby. The MEAN trait should be a byproduct of the other traits you are looking for. Not a specific trait to seek out.

Now... I second the OBT.
I understand. I must haven't have been verry specific. What I meant by mean or agressive, was the eating habbits. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself verry clear at first.:eek:

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would also suggest Cyclosternum fasciatum... though they don't get very big, they are beautiful, very active webbers and also a great eater. Also another NW species.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the OPs defense... He did carify what he meant by "mean"

I certainly wouldn't have put aggressive eater and mean anywhere near each other, but that's cool! I'm going to go be mean to some dinner shortly! :D

Den

Arachnosquire
Thank you all, but I've made up my mind. Dispite all the OBT votes I can't resist the GBB! I would be getting a 1 inch specimen. I did hear that slings should be misted more than adult forms. So how often would you mist a 1 inch GBB sling?

Last edited:

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Thank you all, but I've made up my mind. Dispite all the OBT votes I can't resist the GBB! I would be getting a 1 inch specimen. I did hear that slings should be misted more than adult forms. So how often would you mist a 1 inch GBB sling?
Great Choice - mine is very "mean" with her food! Personally, I wouldn't mist any GBB - they are definitely an arid species. Generally they get all the moisture they need from their prey. However, a small bottle cap of water in the enclosure wouldn't hurt a thing if you want to make sure. I did have a GBB sling that molted inside a bottle cap water dish . . . . guess she wanted some extra moisture that time.