Any ideas why you get blue tarantulas? or tarantulas with 'horns'?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 has some articles on blue T's if i remember correctly....
I do, all of which are easily found on the internet.

It's faster for you to get the article, than to wait for me, no spoonfeeding ;)

When did they go through major extinctions and why? I'd love to read about that.
Google knows all!!! Tip, for a wild read look up Burgess Shale, and see the pictures of the unique animals that died, it's like looking at a SCI-FI flick.

we still don't even know why the dinosaurs died (K-2 extinction).
>> :alien:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I do, all of which are easily found on the internet.

It's faster for you to get the article, than to wait for me, no spoonfeeding ;)

Google knows all!!! Tip, for a wild read look up Burgess Shale, and see the pictures of the unique animals that died, it's like looking at a SCI-FI flick.

>> :alien:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien
Grrrr. Thanks for the tip about Burgess shale...hmmm, and I'm a rock hound got As in geology....

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
@viper69
Hey Vipe
This is great stuff. Tomorrow will be getting Gould's Wonderful Life.
Used from a LBS...:shifty: now if I could just figure out how to get rid of italics....

cold blood

Staff member
When did they go through major extinctions and why? I'd love to read about that.
There is generally regarded to be 5 mass extinction events in Earth's history (many believe we are living in the 6th). During these, at least 50% of all species died out. In order, they are :

Ordovician-Silurian (440 mil yrs ago), during which 85% of marine life died.

Late Devonian (359 mil yrs ago), during which 75% of all life died, particularly corals.

Permian (250-266 mil yrs ago), during which 95% or all marine life and 70% of land species perished.

End-Triassic (200 mil yrs ago), during which 76% of all life died out.

Cretaceous-Tertiary (65 mil yrs ago), during which 80% of all species, including most dinosaurs, met with extinction.

Currently our rate of extinction is an estimated 80 times higher than what is considered "normal". If unchecked, its estimated that within the next 300 years we will see 75% of Earth's current species become extinct.

http://weknowyourdreams.com/images/spoon/spoon-02.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is generally regarded to be 5 mass extinction events in Earth's history (many believe we are living in the 6th). During these, at least 50% of all species died out. In order, they are :

Late Devonian (359 mil yrs ago), during which 75% of all life died, particularly corals.

Permian (250-266 mil yrs ago), during which 95% or all marine life and 70% of land species perished.

Cretaceous-Tertiary (65 mil yrs ago), during which 80% of all species, including most dinosaurs, met with extinction.

Currently our rate of extinction is an estimated 80 times higher than what is considered "normal". If unchecked, its estimated that within the next 300 years we will see 75% of Earth's current species become extinct.

A little spoon feeding....:D

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel

Nobody taught me that (she whines). :shifty:
Thanks. Will promptly bury my face in books.

awiec

Arachnoprince
National geographic has some fantastic specials about ancient aquatic life if you are interested about prehistoric life.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
National geographic has some fantastic specials about ancient aquatic life if you are interested about prehistoric life.
Thanks. This is fascinating. I knew about strange protomammals, but my skewed way of thinking didn't let me realize arthropods. Oh dear...:anxious: does that make me a mammal snob lol.
Must go back to reading now.