Any crestie fans?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Are there any crested gecko fans on this board? I have seven and I'm looking to breed them in the next few months.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've been reading about them recently. They seem low maintenance to keep. Is it true they don't need a heat source or UV light?

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I have two and I love them soo much. Here is an old picture of them the orange one is Sweet Potato and the brown one is MC Hammer:p

cresties.jpg

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
I have a pair that I no longer breed - Splat & Buffie and two of their offspring from 2015, one that is staying and the other is up for sale still. Seems cresties have dropped in popularity here as I had no trouble selling my 2013 babies.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
I've been looking to get a crestie for a few years now. As of late, I'm dropping subtle hints to the parental units; I'm going to a reptile expo on the 29th or 30th and hope to bring home some supplies. ;)

Xafron

Arachnosquire
Have just one. Not sure how long now...maybe 5 or so years? Really cool little guys. Easy care, easy to handle, and nice to look at.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I breed them, awesome species! although I do prefer gargoyle geckos to them and Chahoua geckos are my favorite by far (my troeger line Pine island female is my profile picture!) anyway I really do enjoy new caledonian geckos, probably more than anything else in my collection.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
My girlfriend is actually looking into becoming a breeder for cresties. She has one very large boy that needs a little love. Im going to surprise with some geckos from this upcoming Wasatch reptile expo.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
My dad and I are building a custom terrarium. Going to pick up a little baby on the 30th!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I like Crested Geckos. But I don't like the way their tails break off so easily and unlike other lizards they never grow back.

I like Gargoyle Geckos as well.

Eacpup

Arachnopeon
This is my "little" crestie, I've had him for about three or four years and I got him as a baby. He loves being handled and is just the sweetest little baby.

Attachments

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a pair that I no longer breed - Splat & Buffie and two of their offspring from 2015, one that is staying and the other is up for sale still. Seems cresties have dropped in popularity here as I had no trouble selling my 2013 babies.
I used to breed them as well. I had 20 at one time, I Love them and would like to get one just for a pet again. Breeding them is not profitable as a rule anymore, the market is saturated and basically unless it is a very high end morph, anything else is a dime a dozen. They were the hot thing a few years back and are fun and easy to breed. Too bad! I still love them.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
I just got my own little banana at an expo today! Almost all of the crested geckos being sold by a particular vendor were being little doofs- either trying to climb upside down in their deli cups or crawling under the bottoms- with a few fat adults just sitting around. One youngster in particular caught my eye; he was the only relaxed juvenile on the table, with some beautiful markings, a missing tail, and rather importantly, a small price tag. When I heard that the breeder named him Hyrax, that pretty much sealed the deal.

If you aren't already aware of the hyrax, it's basically an Arabian hamster with fangs, except its closest relative is the elephant.

Anyway, I brought Hyrax home, set up his terrarium, and put him in. I was honestly expecting an unmanageably jumpy gecko that would leap out of my arms and end up on the ceiling in a flash, but he was actually rather complacent and let me put him in quite easily. I'm completely enamored with my new gecko- it was certainly worth all the years of research. :)