Anthia sexguttata in Captivity

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anthia sexguttata is a species of beetle that I’ve always been fascinated by and wanted to keep. Have these ever made it into the US hobby? I know they come from Asia but I’ve definitely seen them pop up in the UK trade. Does anyone know of any record of captive breeding? I thought for sure I read a successful breeding report a while back but I can’t find it now.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Anthia sexguttata is a species of beetle that I’ve always been fascinated by and wanted to keep. Have these ever made it into the US hobby? I know they come from Asia but I’ve definitely seen them pop up in the UK trade. Does anyone know of any record of captive breeding? I thought for sure I read a successful breeding report a while back but I can’t find it now.
I’ve heard of a few people having them I believe. No idea who though just through people.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
They definitely exist in the North American pet trade.

We have some native predatory beetles in North America aswell like Cincindela patruela and Cincindela marginipennis. The ladder looks kinda similar to the Egyptian ones.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Several Anthia species have been seen in the US if I'm not mistaken, just not within the past year as far as I remember. There is a rumor someone in the UK got larvae out of a female but they died soon after (no surprise given the larvae's life style).

Thanks,

Arthroverts