Ant problem

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ants have invaded my apartment again. I'm not so worried about their poison. Both of my spiders are probably too big to eat them and risk should be minimal anyway. I'm simply losing my mind cause they're literaly everywhere!

I'm not thinking about using Raid, but there are other kind of poisons which should get rid of the ants. Can anyone tell me if it's also going to happen to my spiders? I think I'll just learn to live with those goddamn ants...

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm not thinking about using Raid, but there are other kind of poisons, which should get rid of the ants.
Easy: liquid bait traps. They don't put any fumes or toxins in the air, they just contain a liquid substance that ants go MAD for. The ants will swarm once they find the trap, and carry bits of it home. Once the full effects of the poison kicks in, no more ants. :)

I just set up two little traps in my bathroom last night, due to a recurring problem where I'd frequently see a couple tiny ants along the floor. Within hours, there were more ants than I'd ever seen, going in and out of the trap along their little trails. I don't think I'll have an ant problem much longer. {D

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Easy: liquid bait traps. They don't put any fumes or toxins in the air, they just contain a liquid substance that ants go MAD for. The ants will swarm once they find the trap, and carry bits of it home. Once the full effects of the poison kicks in, no more ants. :)

I just set up two little traps in my bathroom last night, due to a recurring problem where I'd frequently see a couple tiny ants along the floor. Within hours, there were more ants than I'd ever seen, going in and out of the trap along their little trails. I don't think I'll have an ant problem much longer. {D
I don't currently have any slings but I would be worried about one eating a poisoned ant. And it's really hard to make a safe place where ants can't get to. BUT since both of my Ts are a little bigger, I think I'll have to try those traps.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found a bottle of ant poison in my closet. It's made by Raid, but it's NOT spray. So that should be safe to use?

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Mushroom, Could you post the brand name of these liquid bait traps? Or PM me with it? I can't find any "liquid" bait traps, the only ones I can find contain a chunk of something the ants want nothing to do with, lol. They are lil piss ants that really piss me off!! I saw a few in my T's tank and it freaked me out, :eek: but then I found a post that said to lay dryer (fabric softener) sheets around the tank, and that seemed to help with what was going on in there, the ants left the tank, but they are still coming in my house. They go after anything as small as a lil piece of cereal about as big as this period., lol So if you could please tell me the name of these traps I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance:)

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terro is a brand we use at work. Its sugar water and borax. They go nuts for it. The good thing is, they eat it, bring it back to the next and share it, and they all die. Very little worry of them wandering around too much after ingesting it.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mushroom, Could you post the brand name of these liquid bait traps? Or PM me with it? I can't find any "liquid" bait traps, the only ones I can find contain a chunk of something the ants want nothing to do with, lol. They are lil piss ants that really piss me off!! I saw a few in my T's tank and it freaked me out, :eek: but then I found a post that said to lay dryer (fabric softener) sheets around the tank, and that seemed to help with what was going on in there, the ants left the tank, but they are still coming in my house. They go after anything as small as a lil piece of cereal about as big as this period., lol So if you could please tell me the name of these traps I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance:)
those liquid bait traps are called "terro" it's in an orange/white box the stuff is amazing:clap: ive used it so many times it's become a regular in my cabinets.i'm in fla"the ant capital of the world){D

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, guys...I hope someone sells that stuff around here, I'm on a mission now, lol

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, Terro is what I got. I couldn't find it in a local store (small college towns lol), BUT you can order boxes of it from their website for pretty cheap.

I just got one box of six, and have only had to open two so far. Awesome stuff. :)

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Would Wal Mart or Walgreens have it, or would one have to go to a garden place?

AnimalMother

Arachnopeon
I keep my T's on a table thats 4 feet off the ground.

I go outside, take raid and spray it on to a rag, come back inside and then wipe that rag on the bottom legs of the table, on the last 3-5 inches.

I only do that if theres any signs of ants in the room, and I havent had any problems with it. I have only had 1 T die but it was because of old age.

That wont get the spiders sick, will it?

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live in oklahoma as well and the walmarts around here carry the liquid bait... so I am sure you will find it there. However, I haven't bought any in awhile...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
water sugar and borax.... hmmm lets see turn on the sink, get water, add sugar and borax , put in shallow bowls and place on floor

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just don't go spraying the insides of your tanks with raid.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Best ant poison-bait trap I've ever used is Grant's Kills Ants. You can find it at Walmart or any lawn and garden store like Jerrys and Home Depot. The stuff works wonders. The ants love it and within 24-48 hours the problem is gone for the rest of the year.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ugh! My daughter just told me there are about 100 tiny ants in our dining room! I went in to check it out and didn't see that many. There must have been some crumbs left behind or something.

I have some of the Grant's Kills Ants stuff left over from last year. Do you think it's still good or should I buy new stuff? My t's are about 20 feet from where the ants were found. Hopefully, they won't be affected.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Terro works great! I've never seen so many ants feed so greedily on something thats going to kill them, lol. I would definately recommend it.