Answer Please

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My red clawed emperor male, he wint eat, do scorpions go on fast's for like a month or two before they molt. He hasnt eaten in a while and I was wondering if he is getting ready to molt. Are scorpion's like that in the same way as tarantulas and dont eat for months getting ready to molt. Thnx ppl.

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, he is healthy looking and look's just like I got him. He ate for the first two weeks or so I had him and hasnt eaten since then. he looks the same so I dont know.

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and all the conditions and tempature and humidity has stayed the same also.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
It sounds like your scorps is just well fed. Scorps of various species can fast for several months at a time. Some species fast or eat less in the winter...Hadrurus for example...Emporers, I suspect opther species in that genus are know to fast fro several months...I would not start worry unless you scorp gets thin looking.

As far as molting...how large is the scorp? If it is full size it will not be molting. Scorps don't molt as Tarantulas do after reaching maturity. Their molt to maturity is their last molt of their lives.

John
];')

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by freetosting
Yeah, he is healthy looking and look's just like I got him. He ate for the first two weeks or so I had him and hasnt eaten since then. he looks the same so I dont know.
Well then. If he's healthy and plump as well as active, I think you don't have anything to worry about. There would be problems though if he were very skinny and lethargic.

Last edited:

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thnx guys I really appreciate it. He isnt full grown I know that. The guy who sold it to me said he wasnt fully mature yet.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No problem at all. Sometimes the Scorpion knows best. When it's full and not hungry it'll let you know. I've had my Pandinus cavimanus Sasori refuse to eat crickets too. But she's healthy and plump so I'm not too worried about her.