Answer needed pretty soon- please help

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
I'm so proud of my little guy lol. He's still eating. He must have been hungry, though I fed him earlier this week. Oh well, babies grow pretty fast. Anyways, thanks for talking sense into me haha! I'm always a worry-wart :p

friendttyy

Arachnolord
My vagans attacks things then leaves it and throws it in the water dish if not hungry. Its done that for 4 times now :/

cold blood

Staff member
Geeez, I got a pair of little vagans this spring. One was a little larger and arrived with a bad back leg, the smaller one was in perfect shape. The larger one, which I named "legs" (I don't normally name them) was the most voracious eater I have ever had at such a small size (just about 1/2"). It would pounce on anything and eat great. Unfortunately, it died while attempting its first molt with me...after 14 years its the first and only t I have ever seen dead :(, and it was one I really enjoyed. The other vagans is the worst eater I've had. Went nearly a month before it ate, then molted, gaining no size from what I could tell. Its now a slightly better eater, but still on a 10-14 day feeding schedule and won't even look at live prey other than to run from it. My luck that I lost the good eater and have to deal with the reluctant one that doesn't like to eat or grow! :)

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
He ate the whole thing lol. There was barely a bolus. How long should I wait to feed him again? Tuesday? He's fat now haha. I will add a pic soon.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
DAAAAAAAAMN, baby got back!

I usually feed my 1/2" slings twice a week, if they look like that, I skip feeding that day

skippydude

Arachnobaron
No need to feel bad, Brachy babies tend to be plump anyway, it will probably be ready to eat a much smaller meal in a week. Keep the prey size down to the size of the abdomen or smaller.

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
No need to feel bad, Brachy babies tend to be plump anyway, it will probably be ready to eat a much smaller meal in a week. Keep the prey size down to the size of the abdomen or smaller.
Oh yeah, I learned my lesson haha. Thanks so much for all your help! =)

---------- Post added 07-20-2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

oh IF I get crix what size?

awiec

Arachnoprince
Oh yeah, I learned my lesson haha. Thanks so much for all your help! =)

---------- Post added 07-20-2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

oh IF I get crix what size?
pin heads if you can, if not then cut a small cricket in half or offer it a leg, think of it as a drumstick.

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
pin heads if you can, if not then cut a small cricket in half or offer it a leg, think of it as a drumstick.
Cool. I'll probably get some then. I really dont want as many as they're trying to sell though. 1000 or even 100 is a lot

awiec

Arachnoprince
Cool. I'll probably get some then. I really dont want as many as they're trying to sell though. 1000 or even 100 is a lot
a good number of those 100 will die but you can always just freeze dry them and thaw as you need.

Zanyamarie

Arachnosquire
a good number of those 100 will die but you can always just freeze dry them and thaw as you need.
ah I see. Good to know then. I had no idea why they sold so many haha. I wish my local Petco had pinheads, but they do not unfortunately.

---------- Post added 07-20-2014 at 12:16 AM ----------

holy crap shipping is over $20 x_x