Another trip to the pet store......

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Nixy,
I'm with all you other "kids". I love dishes..! *lol* Awesome t's. I love the way your little cuties name t's..
Peace,
Gillian

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:)

They get their heads together and have names picked out in advance for alot of species.
But the surprises.
Those were spure of the moment names.

They said the T's Like those names. Hence why they have them.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Hi Nixy, tell Faith I am jealous of her new avic. What a fuzzy darling.!!!!!
I told them and they got all puffy proud and grinnned and said you could come visit and play wth them anytime :)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well bless their little hearts. Glad I could make them feel proud, it's really neat to see little ones when they are proud:) Tell the girls if I lived close by I would come over and see them but unfortunately my 70 T's plus my kids keep me hopping too!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the twins had their way they would have that many.
LOL

But they are working on it....

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hmm, nice emilia -- that Avic doesn't look like A. huriana to me (huriana is usually a basically black/purple-ish with whitish or light brown hair 'tips' and highlights. This guy looks to lack any 'fuzzy' or white-tipped hairs and seems to have an underlying greenish color. Here's a pic of huriana:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
Hmm, nice emilia -- that Avic doesn't look like A. huriana to me (huriana is usually a basically black/purple-ish with whitish or light brown hair 'tips' and highlights. This guy looks to lack any 'fuzzy' or white-tipped hairs and seems to have an underlying greenish color. Here's a pic of huriana:

These two were marked as A. huriana.

What kind do they look like?
I'll post more pictures of them as soon as I can get my camera back from my oldest daughter.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow! nice additions, Nixy! I will now officially place my name on your "adoption" list!
<holding sign that says "will wash dishes for t's!">
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Next is Eden's new male B. emilia that she has named Zevo.
Nixy, is the male emilia mature? do you know if the t's you just bought are siblings? any chance we could see a picture of how and where you keep your t's at? (I am always curious to see how other people keep their pets.......I get a lot of husbandry ideas this way!)
;)
Ed

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by atavuss
wow! nice additions, Nixy! I will now officially place my name on your "adoption" list!
<holding sign that says "will wash dishes for t's!">
Ed
LOL.
I think I'm gonna need a bigger house.
Hey! Or we could all pitch in and buy an island and become a tarantula colony.......

Nixy, is the male emilia mature? do you know if the t's you just bought are siblings?
Ed
The shop Has paper work that they gained with the tarantulas from the breeders to show they are from different bloodlines.
I'm planning on getting a copy.
And Yes both the A. huriana male and the B. emilia are mature.
I Wish they had had molt records but didn't have any.
I was nervous about siblings but was shown otherwise with both species.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
The shop Has paper work that they gained with the tarantulas from the breeders to show they are from different bloodlines.
I'm planning on getting a copy.
And Yes both the A. huriana male and the B. emilia are mature.
I Wish they had had molt records but didn't have any.
I was nervous about siblings but was shown otherwise with both species.
good thinking about the paperwork.......I wanted to add that it is pretty rare to find adult brachypelmas like the emilias for sale and when you do find them they are very expensive. congratulations again. you may want to consider breeding loans of the males when you are done with them as CB is the future of our hobby.
BTW, there is some debate on if a cooling down period is required to get successful egg sacks from many brachys.
Ed

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good thinking about the paperwork.......I wanted to add that it is pretty rare to find adult brachypelmas like the emilias for sale and when you do find them they are very expensive. congratulations again. you may want to consider breeding loans of the males when you are done with them as CB is the future of our hobby.
BTW, there is some debate on if a cooling down period is required to get successful egg sacks from many brachys.
Ed
I want to do the breeding loan thing as well. As Captive breeding IS the future of the hobby I agree.
I know how expencive they are and I know how Lucky I am to have them.

Oh and as for pics of my setup I am stiill setting up for the new additions. So once I get it all done I'll take pics. :)