Another successful molt

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My chilean rose molted last night, for the first time since I've had her. I was a bit worried tho, for roses does it normally take over 12 hours since they flip over to begin actually coming out of their skin? She was upside down when I found her last night around 8ish but when I left this morning for work around 7ish, she was still upside down. Fortunately, when I got home, I had a bigger, fluffier rose than before :D I am just curious about the time it took before she began to molt.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That does seem a little long, but you know Rosea.

Glad everything come out fine, HA,HA.:D

E

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I kinda thought so too... maybe it's been a bit cold in here for her.. but I am so happy that she came out of it ok, since she is the one who usually would let me hold her. :D

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont think it is unusual. My rosie took like 10 or 11 hours after flipping before she actually came out all the way and started her post molt recovery.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sometimes Ts will spend f-o-r-e-v-e-r on their backs before the moult starts. I guess they're just getting worked up before the big show. It's best to save the worrying until after they actually pop the top, that's when timing becomes critical.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, then I guess I never had anything to worry about. I did accidentally disturb her but it was minor.. I just didn't realize she was flipped till I opened the lid to her cage. But she stayed down. My B Smithi was on her back for about 7 hours before she molted. I was just thinking my rosehair should have been done before I woke up this morning, but I do know roses are slow on action anyway. Hehe :rolleyes: