another pede molt

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That is a great series of photos. I have never had the good fortune to see a centipede molting. How long did the process take from beginning to end?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Glad you liked the pics. I guess it takes around an hour or so. I've seen allot of molts but I've never timed it. It seems the bigger and older they are, well, it seems to take a little longer.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome pics! yeah i never tire when my pedes molt,it's an awesome site

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW!! That is a gorgeous centipede. i admit i am more of a T person myself. What kind of centipede is that? What color is it normally when, not just before or after a molt?? BEAUTIFUL!!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey,
It's a Scolopendra heros castaneiceps. The normal color is more like you see there in the last pic. Around here I have seen some that are pretty black (the more common color), some dark bluish, some dark greenish and some dark brown looking ones, all with the red head. Most have orange legs but I've seen some with legs that are pretty light colored, almost white.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey,
It's a Scolopendra heros castaneiceps. The normal color is more like you see there in the last pic. Around here I have seen some that are pretty black (the more common color), some dark bluish, some dark greenish and some dark brown looking ones, all with the red head. Most have orange legs but I've seen some with legs that are pretty light colored, almost white.
i think it is absolutely gorgeous. Are they a very difficult species to keep compared to other centipedes? i have some pretty fast, venomous T's so i'm not worried about that so much as - how hardy are they?

Also, is that a very expensive pede with that color? i'm guessing that it is. Are they difficult to locate to purchase? Well, i guess those are dumb questions. i can look in the classifieds section but haven't noticed ads describing color variations before...

<edit> With the small amount of research i have done and pics i've seen, i would really like to get something with some pretty blue coloring like yours!!