Another one gone

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My little A. Aurantiaca passed on a few hours ago...I only had the little guy a month on tuesday. :( This has definately not been my week.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awww Pate I am So so very sorry to hear that. :(
I really really hope things turn around for you soon.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know, really, but I suspect it was a molting problem, as it hadn't been eating for a week or so. Oh well, I guess these things happen when they're so little.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pategirl,

We're sharing your pain here. We just lost one of our L. difficilis we got from Vayu Son to a bad molt. I noticed it was stuck and tried to moisten it's stuck limbs, but it was no use. After watching it stuggle for a couple of days, I put the poor thing down. Hang in there.

Botar

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First someone says their tarantula had a great molt then someone says their tarantula has mites or nematodes or fungus. One minute, someone says "hey I got a sac!" and the next someone loses a spiderling... I can't take all these emotional mood swings! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...... :(

kellygirl

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
what a bummer...I recently lost my P ornata to a bad molt. Unfortunately, she survived the molt, then starved to death, which is worse, but I kept thinking she would pull through...poor thing..I feel your pain

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i'm sorry about your loss.

maybe we should join some sort of tarantula loss support group? in the past two months i've lost my biggest tarantula (my a. geniculata) and my smallest (my l. cristata spiderling).