Another male?!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well this sucks! Good week for molts... Yay! Want to know what sucks..

Another male pulchripes...... This kind of bothers me.. I was hoping this one to be a female.. When I got it.. I set it up.. Didnt look ventrally.. Didnt want to add the stress after its trip.. So.. I waited.. Waited long enough.. Then went to look ventrally.. Well.. Its abdomen was black.. So I decided to leave it be.. Since a molt was coming soon..

It molted today... Male... Cute little guy.. But I was expecting (Hoping!) female...

I guess its time to find my boys a couple ladies for when they mature....

Oh side note... My C. fasciatum molted today to.. Looks female! Finally.. One molted this week thats a female.... She might be mature.. Not sure.. I havent seen her out of her burrow in sometime now.. So I dont remember her size.. Going in after the molt here soon.. This time she aint going to munch it.. :wall:

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
see, this is exactly what i fear will happen when all of my dinky slings get bigger. with my luck i'd have male across the board, with the exception of my rosea.

your boys totally need a lady friend so she can pop out some slings for you :D out of all of my slings, i'd say my pulchripes sling is the most hilarious to watch.

tjmi2000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Redneck, I feel your pain. Every single P. regalis I have ever owned has turned out male. I have two penultimates right now and two tiny second instars that I am just praying may be female. Furthermore, I had a P. irminia molt out male this week that I was positive was female. It's sibling molted male last fall and I thought maybe I was in the clear, now I am wondering about the other two I have from the same sac. I don't mind males but do they ALL have to be?

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So just to confirm... My C. fasciatum.. Its a male to... Its smaller than I remember.. Its molt was only 2.75".. But alas.. No flap...

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry Tommy, I it looked as female as it could be from the ventral :eek: please don't be mad :p lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No worries Conner.. I will get a female... One day.. :eek:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh really? Well go order it for me & have them ship it to me? :razz:

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha real funny, if I buy it it is for ME! ;P but if I did, I would have to give you some free slings, just pay 40$ priority or 50$ express lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh thats a deff. good deal.. How could I pass on something like that? LoL!

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
I hate when that happens. My most recent purchase of Ts look to be almost all male (which I actually wanted in a few cases). I bought a couple C. fasciatum slings a couple years ago and ended up with 2 females and will be needing a male... ;)

So just to confirm... My C. fasciatum.. Its a male to... Its smaller than I remember.. Its molt was only 2.75".. But alas.. No flap...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate when that happens. My most recent purchase of Ts look to be almost all male (which I actually wanted in a few cases). I bought a couple C. fasciatum slings a couple years ago and ended up with 2 females and will be needing a male... ;)
LoL.. This little fella has a date lined out already... Unless of course I decide to just sell him... But thats still in the air of thoughts for now...