Another lovely spider! ID please??

Leila

Arachnobaron
20170517_221041-01.jpeg Found this one in the sink as I was about to wash dishes. :)

I put it in a condiment cup and offered it a cricket leg. The spider is munching away. I am going to release it in the flower bed tomorrow.

Any one have a clue as to what it might be? (I live in TN, btw)

Leila

Arachnobaron
I'm going to beat @Ungoliant to this one and ID it to the family Thomisidae (crab spiders). :D

I can't ID to genus or species though.
I googled its basic appearance before posting here, and 'brown crab spider' was one of the results. :) I just like to share my finds with my AB family. Plus, you all can give me a more accurate ID than google can. Lol.

Thanks for replying. XO!

Funny thing is: this spider kinda moves like a crab. It moves sideways every now and then. :rofl:

(I looooove spring time! So many neat spiders are showing themselves as of late. :D)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Forgot how cute they are. Let your mind drift for a moment. Imagine having two pairs of arms built along the lines of a gorilla that reach to the floor with your elbows bent.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Forgot how cute they are. Let your mind drift for a moment. Imagine having two pairs of arms built along the lines of a gorilla that reach to the floor with your elbows bent.
I would love to sit one on one with you on a veranda and converse. Oh the profound things we might discuss.. :happy:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I would love to sit one on one with you on a veranda and converse. Oh the profound things we might discuss..
You're more than welcome to wander out this way. Big tree on the left going east out of the village of puffed rice. We'll take our repose on the back porch and speak of shoes and ships and Thomisidae and whether cats have wings as we donate a liter or two to the mossies. Speaking of cats, take the kitten with you. She's got a good start in a budding career as a furniture mover.