Another G. rosea breeding attempt

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm trying to pair them for the fourth time. Keep your fingers crossed for Botar and I.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Still nothing happening, but I'm not tired yet, so they've got a little time.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spider love has been achieved!

They sat there for the longest time doing nothing, then I hear a scuffle and look up from my computer to see him just manhandling her into position. The whole thing took about a minute and I did see palpal insertion. She tried to kill him, but I got between them and got him back to his own cage in one piece. I can't find any injuries on him, so I'll assume he's okay. (I did give him extra water in case he has a bleeding injury that's too small for me to see).

In the morning Viva gets moved to a quiet spot in the office and we'll hope for an eggsac. I'm thinking of artificially incubating.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well don't count our eggs before they hatch... but I hope they do. One of my females went after him full force too. Even after I had the wooden spoon between them. He's a lucky little guy.

Botar

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to put my girl in a warm, quiet corner of the office and hope that she makes an eggsac.

He is a lucky boy if this is homicide attempt number two on him. I'll throw him an extra roach tonight so he can celebrate.