another forum question, needs help

Locotus

Arachnopeon
they asked the following.

I got my baby emperor almost 3 months ago. when I got him his stinger was white and it still is. I don't know if this is normal? Also he dosent seem to be eating yet and I have tried everything to get him to eat.

:
:
the temp is between78 and 83. the humidity is quite high and the substrate is called forest floor.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Regarding the white stinger, I wonder if it isn't just dried on excrement. Have they tried washing it off? Alternately, it could be some sort of mineral deposit, a deficiency of some sort in the actual cuticle or a moulting problem.

As for feeding, I wonder what "everything" is. What type of prey items? What type of feeding techniques? Also, the last enclosure parameter to consider is hiding. If the scorpion is exposed and stressed, they won't necessarily take to food. Sufficient hides are necessary. If you provide them and they aren't used, then you have to swap them out until something works.

Furthermore, I wonder what constitutes "quite high" in the humidity department. Some people mist heavily once a day and think the humidity is "quite high," when in fact it is dry minutes after misting.

Cheers,
Dave

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
white stingers for baby emps are completely normal. it will eventually darken a bit each time they molt as they get larger.

as for food - try raw steak, it's very popular with the little ones.