Another breeding question?

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Howdy all,

I have a pair of Aphonopelma bicoratum's. The male hit his Ultimate molt 4 or 5 months ago, He's now Black and has hooks.

I have put him in with the female quite a few times, There appears to be NO interest, he scuttles to the opposite corner of the keeper and that's where they stay. I have left them for hours together and when I returned, they were in the same places and position as they were in when I left.

Any ideas?
And Yes I "Believe" the female is old enough. I bought her as an sub adult, and I have had her for over a year.

Thanks.
Ron

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
4-5 months ago eh?mabey hes on his last days.has he been eating?sometimes the females just arent interested.id say u shouldnt leave them together unattended tho and mabey try to find someone else with a female before its to late

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are you sure the male did weave a sperm web and load his palps before you put them together? When did the female moult last? I've been told breedings are usually more successful if the female moulted recently.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
also, if she was bought as sub-adult a year ago she might not be ready... though that is a very vague classification and i suspect most tarantulas can breed smaller than the sort of general consensus holds

pics would be excellent. especially of them together.

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies..

My Hard drive crashed and My "T" info was on it...

I do not have the exact time the female molted, but it's been a while.

Yes the Male did make a sperm web and spent some time on it.

I am leaning towards the idea that the female isn't old enough, there again from what I have read on These boards it's tough to really tell when the female has became an "Adult"

I guess I'd better sell or loan him before it's too late.:(

Again, Thank you for your responses!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Also if the female is too late in a molt cycle, there will often be no interest shown