Anery Emory Cornsnake

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just picked up a female Anery Emory Cornsnake today , I did a bunch of reading before hand got a really good idea for what I'm in for when it grows, but how thick will it get is what I cant find out....

Can any one enlighten me on this one?

Also, does any one know any quirks that I should know about which you can't find online.

Additionally the breeder i got her from said I should use a heating pad...I'm under the impression this is a no go can some one suggest whether this is a good idea or not.

Last edited:

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chillax. Corns are probably the EASIEST, most forgiving snake to care for. There really aren't any quirks with them. :p
He/she could get from 3 feet to "6" feet (I've seen one at 5.5 feet but never fully 6 feet.) My old girl was maybe 1.5" thick at her widest part, maybe a little more.
A heat pad is fine. Heat rocks, on the other hand, are not.
PS- That's a fine snakey you've got there. :p

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright sounds good, I know they're a hardy species I was just wondering if they have G. rosea syndrome (some are nice the occasional one is a PITA)

This one is a doll so far, lol I don't know if I can afford a snake addiction as well as a tarantula addiction.

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To tell you the truth, that looks more like a normal Great Plains ratsnake (Pantherophis guttata emoryi) to me, which is a sub-species of the cornsnake. And as far as the anery, are you sure they didn't mean it was heterozygous for anerythristic? I just don't see the anery especially if it is a P. g. emoryi, their anery phase is pretty black and white/light gray.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To tell you the truth, that looks more like a normal Great Plains ratsnake (Pantherophis guttata emoryi) to me, which is a sub-species of the cornsnake. And as far as the anery, are you sure they didn't mean it was heterozygous for anerythristic? I just don't see the anery especially if it is a P. g. emoryi, their anery phase is pretty black and white/light gray.
Heck if I know, this is what the local breeder said it was so until I learn better on my own or from someone on here I'm going to run with that. They also mentioned some of the genetic characteristics which i can go look up again if you want.

Maybe that will give a better idea of what it really is? Either way, she's a doll my first snake and I'm enjoying her so far.