An odd thing happened…

DanielleaR

Arachnopeon
Hello! My A. avic is a juvenile female. I was rehousing her, and she started drumming when I used a paintbrush to move her. I’ve never seen that. Is it normal? I have a hooked out OBT near her, could that make a difference? TIA

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I saw my Pamphobeteus machala do this when she was a sling. My boyfriend was drilling an enclosure on the table near her and she seemed to "respond" to the vibrations. She was far too young to be showing any mating responses (she was like 2").

I bought a G pulchra off Facebook and she came out of her burrow to slap the substrate...in response to her whole world vibrating from the car ride. She is young, maybe 50% of her max size, so she could be sexually mature...but I'm pretty certain she was peeved at the disturbances.

The few times I've seen a receptive female the drumming is a mile a minute with excitement, but I have seen a few videos of females "tapping back" when not engaged in pairing. The OBT could be causing it.

How big is she and do you check her spermatheca on her molts to see if she's sexually mature? I did have a young tappie drop a rogue sac one molt before she got her adult coloring.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Musically Inclined ?
Did You have the Stereo playing?
Probably drumming along with the Tune?
If So, You could Experiment with different Genres to see what Avics prefer?

Last edited:

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Have her sit on the neck of your guitar while you play. She'll love it and yall will form a bond 🤭

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I've seen both juvenile males and females of various species drumming occasionally, usually in response to something.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I saw my Pamphobeteus machala do this when she was a sling. My boyfriend was drilling an enclosure on the table near her and she seemed to "respond" to the vibrations. She was far too young to be showing any mating responses (she was like 2").

I bought a G pulchra off Facebook and she came out of her burrow to slap the substrate...in response to her whole world vibrating from the car ride. She is young, maybe 50% of her max size, so she could be sexually mature...but I'm pretty certain she was peeved at the disturbances.

The few times I've seen a receptive female the drumming is a mile a minute with excitement, but I have seen a few videos of females "tapping back" when not engaged in pairing. The OBT could be causing it.

How big is she and do you check her spermatheca on her molts to see if she's sexually mature? I did have a young tappie drop a rogue sac one molt before she got her adult coloring.
I don’t see a pet sale section on Facebook , or craigs.. not that I can buy anything right now .
Tell her no boys allowed until she's put on AT LEAST another 2 inches leg span

Hate that I know what this is referencing 😂😂
Or she leaps and bites him in the face ! 🥺🥺

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I don’t see a pet sale section on Facebook , or craigs.. not that I can buy anything right now .

Or she leaps and bites him in the face ! 🥺🥺
You have to look under groups. I barely know how to use Facebook lol but click on the 3 head thing and start searching key words like Arachnids classified. Lotta scammers though.

You better save room if I'm ever successful breeding anything...