An escape

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yesterday, I decided to let my male and female A. Avics live together. They were both in a 2.5 gallon hexagon tank. I don't know how it happened, but this morning the male is nowhere to be found. I checked under and around every branch in their habitat, but he's escaped. I've looked around for him, but no luck yet. To make things better, my dad is terribly arachnophobic. That means I have to find him before my dad wakes up at 3:30 this afternoon. This day is starting out just wonderfully.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I finally found him a few minutes ago. After I looked all over my room and the house, I found him in the basket that I use to hold all the vials containing spiderlings. He even built a nice sperm web in there, but I put him back in his own container. Apparently he didn't like living with a female.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Phew! Thank goodness for small miracles! You have to admit, though, that is cute; a sperm web in the ling area..=D
Peace,
Gillian

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
he was trying to molest the spiderlings with his sperm web?!?!
ahhhhhhhh......

Risto

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Actually, I think he just liked the dark corner of the basket.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ah well...my dad freaks out about spiders too...but not as bad as my bro's snakes he used to have.

Risto

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That was my first thought as well, but I didn't see any remains, so I figured he got out. It's amazing how small of a hole T's can fit through if they want to.

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, my younger brother had a 4.5" A. anax escape through a hole in the top of the cage the size of a quarter. lol...he wondered how it got out, and when I arrived to save his rear from Mom and Dad, and seen that gaping hole, I chuckled and told him how surprised I was that it took 2 days for the T to find the hole. lol I quickly found the fugitive in between his bed sheets and Comforter, and once again he was saved from the wrath of the Parental units!