American bullfrog in a 30-gallon aquarium?

MasterOogway

Arachnoknight
You mean a 30-gallon tank, or a 55?

Both, honestly. The footprints of those tanks are terrible and useless for a frog that gets the size of a bullfrog. I wouldn't put a full size bullfrog in anything less than 125 gallons; they are sedentary mostly, but will move give then opportunity and appreciate the space. Plus, they're simply massive frogs.

LapisOre

Arachnopeon
Yikes! 75 gallons? We were planning on keeping our red-eared slider in a tank that size. I don't know if we would even have room in our house if we kept both a red-eared slider and a bullfrog in large aquariums like that, although I suppose it would be possible.
Is there really any basis for that idea? Are bullfrogs really that active?
From what I've seen of them, they are quite active, not to mention most of them get very large.

Wayfarin

Arachnoknight
Both, honestly. The footprints of those tanks are terrible and useless for a frog that gets the size of a bullfrog. I wouldn't put a full size bullfrog in anything less than 125 gallons; they are sedentary mostly, but will move give then opportunity and appreciate the space. Plus, they're simply massive frogs.
If the American bullfrog does reach 6" or longer, could it live with a red-eared slider in an outdoor water garden?

(We had considered that our now over 12 year-old red-eared slider maybe should be moved to an outdoor pond or water garden, with a dimension of 10' length x 5' width x 2' 4" depth, filled with aquatic plants.)

Wayfarin

Arachnoknight
If the American bullfrog does reach 6" or longer, could it live with a red-eared slider in an outdoor water garden?

(We had considered that our now over 12 year-old red-eared slider maybe should be moved to an outdoor pond or water garden, with a dimension of 10' length x 5' width x 2' 4" depth, filled with aquatic plants.)
This is irrelevant and should be a separate thread.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

Why on earth would a bullfrog be a threat to a turtle ?? I personally wouldn’t house together. Make a New thread 🧵 dedicated to this topic ask the experts .

Wayfarin

Arachnoknight
Why on earth would a bullfrog be a threat to a turtle ?? I personally wouldn’t house together. Make a New thread 🧵 dedicated to this topic ask the experts .
Actually bullfrogs can eat baby turtles. But I was thinking more of the turtle being a threat to the frog.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Actually bullfrogs can eat baby turtles. But I was thinking more of the turtle being a threat to the frog.
I just assumed both were adult sized why on earth would you house them together other than to save space ?? I don’t think adults would harm each other but how big of a Bite can this turtle do ?!

Wayfarin

Arachnoknight
I just assumed both were adult sized why on earth would you house them together other than to save space ?? I don’t think adults would harm each other but how big of a Bite can this turtle do ?!
It does save space, but also maximizes space. If we were to build an enclosure for each animal, both would doubtlessly get smaller housing spaces.
The enclosure "blueprint" isn't actually one pond. It's two separate ponds in one enclosure.
The shared enclosure allows for more terrestrial space for the frog to roam.
We don't exactly have a gigantic yard.

It's also aesthetically superior to stare at a real turtle and frog compared to two statues.