Amblypygi

bramsen

Arachnopeon
hello can one of you in here help me with a good caresheet for the following spicies Damon diadema Damon variegatus any you are all welcome to give advises about them i need all the info i can get on those to there

regards kim bramsen

Borya

Arachnopeon
Hi Kim !
Naturally, in Tanzania these creatures live on the tree trunks feeding on insects and other invertebrates. Seems stange, but their favorite meal are slugs. They are nocturnal, and at the daytime they usually hide into holes or cracks on the trunk.
So, in terrarium you may use several pieces of deciduous tree's cork placed vertically (cork from coniferous trees, especially cedar, may be poisonous for invertebrates). It's better to lean these peaces against the glass, thus the amblypigid sitting on its interior side shall be seen pefrectly. You even may create some kind of a hut - they really like to climb inside it, maybe because of higher humidity and less of light. On the bottom of terrarium, there must be some kind of wet peat, for keeping the air humid (I use coco nut fibre, 'coco-peat'). Also it's better to keep Damons separately for they may be agressive to each other.

bramsen

Arachnopeon
nice

thans somone told me here in denmark thad you culd have 1 female and one male to live together in the same tank is thad true or sculd i just keep them from hetother

and agen thans for your anser m8

Borya

Arachnopeon
In my opinion, Damons cannot be kept communally. I read some reports about tryng to keep them together, but all were unsuccesfull. Sooner or later one attacked another, and it was luck if the injured one survived. That's why I prefer to keep them separately, as all predators, due to their agressiveness and introduce to each other only when mating.
In a huge terratium with a lot of hiding places it may be possible to keep more than one amblypigid, but I still think they may strike.