Am I seeing things?

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I keep looking at my G. Rosea and over the last two weeks, her bristles/hair seems to be sticking straight out. It used to be laid back and kind of smooth, but now it sticks straight out and she just looks fuzzier. I know I'm not seeing things, what gives. She hasn't eaten in a while, could it be a pre-molt sign. Probably a crazy question, but I gotta ask anyway as its driving me crazy. :confused:

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have the answer to your question but I would like to say St. Mary's is a wonderful little town! I was there twice last summer . We had so much fun at Cumberland Island, Crooked River SP & Okefenokee NP. What a great place!

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha....I think it might just be a phase.....Other wise I dont know...Sorry..

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
is your tarantula fat? i keep mine well fed, and the only time they have nice, laid back abdominal hairs is post-moult.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know honestly.
But I can say that we have two rosies.
Both female. The same size.
Sunshine has that smooth slicked down look to her abdominal hairs. She was more bristialy looking when we got her but developed a bald patch that started pink and is quickly darkening to that post molt black.

Moonbeam is still " fluffier " looking, but has no patches or any other signs of upcoming molt.

When we picked these two out there was another rosie at the store that looked Very fluffy but she was a mean nasty B*tch. So she didn't come home with us.

I know this wasn't any help but hope it maybe helped to make you feel better.

As long as she's eating and acts and looks healthy. I wouldn't worry about it.

Maybe she just wanted a new Du? :)
Or spied an avic and wants to play " what am I?" :)

Hopefuly someone smarter and less of a smart ass can help ya. :)

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My rosie does that some times as well. but i have yet to determan what it has to do with cause she has only molted once since i bought her about a year ago..

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Thanks anyway

Thanks for the responses. I'm not worried about it, its just kind of interesting. She is nice and fat and getting darker every week.
I would like to say St. Mary's is a wonderful little town!
St. Marys is wonderful...nice and quiet little town although I usually have to drive down to JAX to do anything special. Did you stop in and see the submarine museum? Its free and right across the street from the ferry that takes you out to Cumberland Island.

:)

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rob,
Yes, I did go to the submarine museum. My daughter hogged the periscope and wouldn't let me play. :D I'd love to tour one of those Trident Nuclear Subs but when I asked the lady at the museum she just laughed. I also went to the Cumberland Museum. We reserved 2 nights on Cumberland Island but left after the first night. During the day it was beautiful with the wild horses running the beaches and throught the ruins. We swam, tanned and hunted seashells. No wonder JFK, Jr wanted to be married there. But come nightfall it was another story, the mosquitos nearly carried us away. The racoons spent all night trying to open our cooler and get our food out of the tree and to top it off my daughter wakes me up screaming as an armadillo was trying to get in the tent. We stayed up the rest of the night listening to all the sounds from the forest and took the first ferry out of there the next morning. What an expierence.