Alternatives to kritterkeepers

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I need an enclosure that will hold humidity, and my kritter keeper isn't doing it. can anyone give me some other enclosures to use, that holds humidity?

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the way I do it is to take a ten galon tank with a screen top and cover the top with seran wrap. whatever percent the humidity is you cover that much, say you need 75% humidity then you cover 75% of the top. works pretty good. just make sure you still have enough ventilation.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What type of T are you keeping? And also how large is it?
For my arboreals I use split glass aquariums and cover part of the top like johnny said. For my terestrials that need humidity, say they are getting close to a molt or something, I also cover the top of a kritter keeper with something to hold in the humidity.

For arboreals, you can also use a large jar and poke holes in the lid and sides, these hold humidity well also.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tupperware/rubbermaid make a good variety of clear containers suitable for housing T's.Cheap and readily available at most depeartment stores..wallymart..k-mart etc.....peace..

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
For the ones in KK's already, you can just use clear plastic packing tape and cover up some of the slits. It doesn't look too unsightly, and will do the job.

Bill

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Many people use beanie baby containers - which would facilitate higher humidity. Just poke holes until you get the humidity and ventilation you need. Craft stores like "Michaels" here in California carries them.