alot of snow

Redknees

Arachnopeon
wasn't planning to play in so much snow but I was going to the show in Indy just this past Sunday to do a regular supply run and to check out some T's and of course I found some good deals as always, but the trip up from Columbus was different than What I have been use to the Roads were bad all the way up and of course the trip back but this trip was well worth the drive and I will most likely do it again I picked up a Brachypelma emilia and I am still learning how to pronounce some of these kool names and I was told I could call it that but it was pronounced this way (all in fun) Bryan said He was feeling good that day He also showed me how to find some tiny s'ling (pink zebra) in the dirt that they like to cling to and I picked up a couple for my self all-in-all my my daughter and I had a great day

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Glad to hear you had a good time at the show. Nothing better than a reptile show.;) We had a show in Va this weekend too. I got nine slings in all: 2- Citharischius crawshayi\ King Baboon, 2- Ceratogyrus marshalli\ Straighthorned Baboon, and 5- Avicularia avicularia\ Pink toes (from Wade). It took me forever to get home, RT 1 was closed due to flooding so I-95 was the pits. It was a nice show in all, and well worth the trip.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Redknees
wasn't planning to play in so much snow but I was going to the show in Indy just this past Sunday to do a regular supply run and to check out some T's and of course I found some good deals as always, but the trip up from Columbus was different than What I have been use to the Roads were bad all the way up and of course the trip back but this trip was well worth the drive and I will most likely do it again I picked up a Brachypelma emilia and I am still learning how to pronounce some of these kool names and I was told I could call it that but it was pronounced this way (all in fun) Bryan said He was feeling good that day He also showed me how to find some tiny s'ling (pink zebra) in the dirt that they like to cling to and I picked up a couple for my self all-in-all my my daughter and I had a great day

Was that all one sentence?! ouch

kellygirl

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Re: Re: alot of snow

Originally posted by kellygirl
Was that all one sentence?! ouch

kellygirl
Not even, as far as I can tell, it hasn't ended yet!

Redknees

Arachnopeon
You guys are cute !!!!

I guess If they can make fun of the way I say these Latin words, then I guess you can make fun of the way I write I didn't think we had to be rocket scientist or English majors to post here. I will try to do better in the future. Thank you very much for all of your osbvervations! Bill
Isn't life grande.
:)

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Redknees has only posted on this forum 5 times. He is a newcomer, and you guys sure made him feel welcome. Let's make fun of everyone, how they talk, how they write. I guess he is a better person than me. I would be very offended and I am offended for him. I think it is very sad. Bill, it takes a while to learn how to say all the names right. Just hang in there. :) Pam

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
jesus christ...
give the poor guy a break will ya?!
some people are not as good with writing, spelling, punctuation, etc as others.
Also, maybe English isn't his first language....think about it.
Or, in other words, if you don't have any comments to make about his story, or anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all :eek:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm with Pam and Holley, that wasn't very nice. If you look at the "lots of snow thread" you will see I didn't make fun of your story. Heck I enjoyed hearing about your trip and new buys. I've kept invert for a long time now and I still have a heck of a time with scientific names. So keep on posting and welcome aboard.:)

Last edited:

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
ok ok geez.... :)

I guess a little good-natured ribbing should be saved until later...

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm...I'm not sure what you guys are talking about...it's like there's a page missing...oh well. :)

Yeah, the scientific names take a while to get used to. For me, even when I started getting good at remembering them, there was still the matter of pronunciation.
Here's a link to a page at Tarantula's Burrow with a pronunciation key.

http://arachnophiliac.com/burrow/pronunciation_search.htm

It doesn't have every sp. listed but a good number of them are. After you learn a few, it will become easier to figure out how some new ones are pronounced.

Hope this helps a bit. :) Oh yeah, welcome Redknees! :)

Atrax

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Yeah, let the guy get some experience and a few documentable bad habits, then we can pick on him properly ;)

Bill

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey Redknees,

First off, let me start by saying Welcome. Second of all don't pay attention to any of the yo-yo's, the ribbing is all meant in fun. Please don't take anything personally. :)

To Everyone else,

Give the guy a chance to get used to our idiocy before you jump on him. Sheesh ;P He hasn't been here long, let him acclimate a bit.

Scott

BTW, this thread has been merged with the other one so everyone can read the whole story in one shot and know what's going on.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Welcome.to.arachnopets.dot.com.I.think.you.will.find.everyone.very.nice.here.even.the.people.who.make.fun.of.your.run.on.sentance.which.really.is.no.big.deal.People.are.too.finiky.if.you.ask.me.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
OMG, it wasnt supposed to come out that way. Wonder how long till it gets deleeeted ?? Tee hee. :D

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a lot of fun at the show too... I was the other guy hanging out behind Bryan's table all day... or at least most of it.

The snow was amazing... we drove in from Columbus, OH and it was terrible.....

It was a fun show.... i'll definatly be going every month... Got some good stuff myself

Infinity

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Redknees
I am still learning how to pronounce some of these kool names and I was told I could call it that but it was pronounced this way (all in fun) Bryan said
Glad you enjoyed the show, 'Knees... :)

My husband and I are neighbors of Bryan in Michigan-- you'll have to come up this way (thru the snow) to see the Michigan show!

(BTW, I have the opposite problem with learning the names... my husband always refers to his critters by their scientific names, so I'm easily stumped by the common names... :8o )