All my vertebrates

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Yes. Okay. I gotta admit I like your venomous ssssnakes. From far, far away lol.
Lol fair enough, though only the photos are mine. The snakes belong to Tim at NERD. He was kind enough to let me take pictures, from a distance though. Probably 7-8ft away. Hence the low quality.

Though one day, perhaps, I wouldn't be opposed to owning venomous snakes ;)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Lol fair enough, though only the photos are mine. The snakes belong to Tim at NERD. He was kind enough to let me take pictures, from a distance though. Probably 7-8ft away. Hence the low quality.

Though one day, perhaps, I wouldn't be opposed to owning venomous snakes ;)
Don't get me wrong. I like snakes. Used to play with garter snakes when I was a girl. Had a California kingsnake. She was cool. I think she died of old age.
Am thinking about a rough or smooth green snake. Can't handle feeding rodents. Love my pet rats.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Don't get me wrong. I like snakes. Used to play with garter snakes when I was a girl. Had a California kingsnake. She was cool. I think she died of old age.
Am thinking about a rough or smooth green snake. Can't handle feeding rodents. Love my pet rats.
Yeah, the feeding seems to be the final hurdle for most people. I have had issues with Gerbils, hamsters, mice, and rats in the past so for me it's never been a problem. I also only feed frozen/thawed. I think if I had to kill the rat myself, I'd have trouble.
I've heard that a lot of Rough Green snakes are WC and come with the typical issues. Another one you could look into are Shovel Nosed species.They are primarily insectivores. Pretty common in the SW area of the U.S. too

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Was trying my hand at macro photos with my cheap little macro lens. After I took it off I snapped these
Resident Diva Arya
DSC_0192.JPG
"King of the house" In his mind, Apollo
DSC_0193.JPG
Apollo's main Rival and our first non primate "child" Dozer
20170618_223456.jpg

Reason behind calling Apollo and Dozer rivals is that Apollo hates Dozer. Dozer is curious about what on Earth Apollo is, so he gets close to the tank. Never unsupervised and I always chase away the cat if Apollo appears too stressed by the way. Apollo typically postures when he sees the cat however and gets an arrogant strut to his walk after seeing him.

keks

Arachnobaron
What happened to yours? If you don't mind my inquisitive nature.
I became too sick to care for my animals, so I had to give them all away. E. cenchria was one of the heaviest loss. I'm better now. But I only want to keep invertebrates, because I moved in a smaller flat and have no space for big enclosures. Vertebrates must be registered, and the regular size of the enclosures are too large for my flat. For E. cenchria: 0.90 m² ("Grundfläche"?)and 80 cm high.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I became too sick to care for my animals, so I had to give them all away. E. cenchria was one of the heaviest loss. I'm better now. But I only want to keep invertebrates, because I moved in a smaller flat and have no space for big enclosures. Vertebrates must be registered, and the regular size of the enclosures are too large for my flat. For E. cenchria: 0.90 m² ("Grundfläche"?)and 80 cm high.
That had to have been awful, I'm very sorry. It truly would break my heart if I had a to re-home any of mine. It's good to know you are better now :)
You definitely have a point with enclosure sizes. Pandora (E. cenchria) she has a very roomy PVC cage of 121cm*60cm*60cm The ball python is moving into one roughly the same, but only 38cm tall instead of the 60cm. Large cages indeed. Add to that the 3 gecko cages and our space is quite limited.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
Yeah, the feeding seems to be the final hurdle for most people. I have had issues with Gerbils, hamsters, mice, and rats in the past so for me it's never been a problem. I also only feed frozen/thawed. I think if I had to kill the rat myself, I'd have trouble.
I've heard that a lot of Rough Green snakes are WC and come with the typical issues. Another one you could look into are Shovel Nosed species.They are primarily insectivores. Pretty common in the SW area of the U.S. too
I've been having the same problem with wanting a snake but wouldn't be able to handle the feeding part. As I was researching insectivorous snakes I came across Reptilinks (scroll down a bit to find the part about them) so I'm quite excited about these and just wanted to share :p

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I've been having the same problem with wanting a snake but wouldn't be able to handle the feeding part. As I was researching insectivorous snakes I came across Reptilinks (scroll down a bit to find the part about them) so I'm quite excited about these and just wanted to share :p
That's awesome, thank you for sharing!

keks

Arachnobaron
Thank's @CWilson1351 . It is past, life goes on ;).
Pandora has a good sized enclosure too. How large is she? My one was still a "baby" with 80 cm.
I had Eublepharis macularius too, had also some offsprings. I love these geckos.

@Duriana
Search for Dasipeltis :) . There you have the problem to find eggs that are tiny enough for baby snakes. Maybe you know a bird-breeder, who can give you eggs of for example Taeniopygia guttata. That is here the most common method to feed small snakes of this species.
I fed my snakes frozen mice and rats :bag:. At the expo I had to leave very quickly from the table with baby rats. I was almost in the mood to buy some as a pet :rolleyes:.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
Pandora has a good sized enclosure too. How large is she? My one was still a "baby" with 80 cm.
I had Eublepharis macularius too, had also some offsprings. I love these geckos.

@Duriana
Search for Dasipeltis :) . There you have the problem to find eggs that are tiny enough for baby snakes. Maybe you know a bird-breeder, who can give you eggs of for example Taeniopygia guttata. That is here the most common method to feed small snakes of this species.
I fed my snakes frozen mice and rats :bag:. At the expo I had to leave very quickly from the table with baby rats. I was almost in the mood to buy some as a pet :rolleyes:.
Yes they were on the site I linked but I wouldn't have any source of eggs. I am interested in the reptilinks since some more common spp of snake can eat them (corn snakes, hognose, king snake etc)

keks

Arachnobaron
Yes they were on the site I linked but I wouldn't have any source of eggs. I am interested in the reptilinks since some more common spp of snake can eat them (corn snakes, hognose, king snake etc)
I had the same problem here, no way to get tiny eggs :(.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron

@Duriana
Since she just shed and ate recently I haven't measured her in a bit. Best estimate puts her just past 4ft (121-130cm) and I couldn't begin to guess her weight. I've had her since she was small enough to fit in just the palm of my hand, now she takes up both and then some :D I have been in contact with a breeder here in the U.S. and one in the UK. Both said this cage should last her the rest of her life. The only reason I got one so tall is she is an oddball that still enjoys climbing past her first year. Honestly I could ramble on about her for days, I waited a very long time to get my E. cenchria and she stole my heart the first time I held her.

keks

Arachnobaron
Since she just shed and ate recently I haven't measured her in a bit. Best estimate puts her just past 4ft (121-130cm) and I couldn't begin to guess her weight. I've had her since she was small enough to fit in just the palm of my hand, now she takes up both and then some :D I have been in contact with a breeder here in the U.S. and one in the UK. Both said this cage should last her the rest of her life. The only reason I got one so tall is she is an oddball that still enjoys climbing past her first year. Honestly I could ramble on about her for days, I waited a very long time to get my E. cenchria and she stole my heart the first time I held her.
She has already a nice length and good space in her enclosure.
I can understand that you love her ^^. I had to search for this species a longer time too, they were rare at this time. The shining skin is fantastic, it's one of the most beautiful snakes I know :) .

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
She has already a nice length and good space in her enclosure.
I can understand that you love her ^^. I had to search for this species a longer time too, they were rare at this time. The shining skin is fantastic, it's one of the most beautiful snakes I know :) .
They really are beautiful. Hopefully in the next couple of years I will be moving into a much larger place. When that happens I am also hoping to get into breeding them. Sadly they are a very rare sighting at many of the reptile expos and shows here.