albino GBB ?

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with the above. That coloration is normal for slings and small juveniles of GBB. The lightened coloration you are seeing in the photo is due to lighting when the photo was taken or your color adjustments on your computer monitor.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just to throw a bit of info out, there is no pigmentation in the exoskeleton of spiders to ever become albino. Albinos in arachnids do not exist but there a many odd color morphs that are out there.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just to throw a bit of info out, there is no pigmentation in the exoskeleton of spiders to ever become albino. Albinos in arachnids do not exist but there a many odd color morphs that are out there.

Well I feel like a schmuck now ! Thanx for the heads up !

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No that is what they look like when they are just slings or juvenile they are a awsome spider

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'm not sure that is correct. do you remember where you read that?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
*ahem*

i hate to sound this vain without cause... but those explanations sound very similar to the one i arrived at and touted all over for a year or so... but i'm not sure i interpretted what i originally read correctly. Scott Land stands a good chance of having read my stuff as we both mod on VL

ah
http://atshq.org/forum/showpost.php?p=41720&postcount=19
1.0 Schultz says color is most likely a result of pigment AND refraction, which is close to my current beliefs

heh.
Rhys B. says what i say... albinism is a condition that by defintion means a lack of pigment, almost always the pigment melanin
http://atshq.org/forum/showpost.php?p=43986&postcount=26

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The picutre Chesire posted is indeed what a baby GBB looks like, I just got one today so I'm looking at it while I type. Yes, itsn't it wonderful that they are that beautiful as small babies and just get more colorful as adults?
As far as an albino T goes, I don't know. And since I don't, I can't say anything else.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here we go again with this thing....

Please read here for an quick overview of the three main types of pigmentation found in spider exoskeletons and setae.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=82385
I remember reading info on this but that was a long time ago so it very well could be outdated and wrong. For the life of me I can't remember where I read it either. That was a very good read and thank you for the info. I was completely under the wrong impression about the exo. I knew the hairs had pigment but I didn't know the exo did.

Why do 90% of my posts end in contraversy ?

Play nice kids !
There is nothing out of hand in this post. I was corrected and it was backed up and I'm always up to learn new things. ;)

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why do 90% of my posts end in contraversy ?
When a topic covers a debatable point, it creates a conversation. In these conversations (especially on a public board) people don't always agree. This in turn creates an argument to prove each person's theory (fact or not) correct or incorrect. The intentions hopefully are to educate not discriminate.

That is a whole other conversation however, there are some helpful links on this thread that may shed some more light on the main topic.

Brian