Age Estimate?

MerpADerp

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am an owner of an Arizona Blonde tarantula. I have looked up and understand that it is hard to correctly age a tarantula, but I was wondering if anyone would have any estimates? In the picture that she is in, she is in a CoolWhip container. She has molted once after this picture was taken, but I was just wondering if anyone would know..?

Attachments

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Unless you've tracked it down since it hatched or willing to do some dissecting. Impossible.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
No way to know especially buying that size . Cb or wc who knows ? I don’t even know when mine hatched, it was not included in the sale.

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Hello! I am an owner of an Arizona Blonde tarantula. I have looked up and understand that it is hard to correctly age a tarantula, but I was wondering if anyone would have any estimates? In the picture that she is in, she is in a CoolWhip container. She has molted once after this picture was taken, but I was just wondering if anyone would know..?
You can never say, some are “runts” which are naturally smaller than normal ones. Temps, feeding, enclosure, etc. lots of things effect size so its impossible to say

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
There are just too many variables that affect size (genetics, temp, food, etc) to be able to accurately answer your question. Even an educated guess would have to be a pretty wide range.

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
Most of the time, keepers will measure the "age" of their T more on DLS, or Diagonal Leg Span. Like cold blood said, Arizona Blondes (Aphonopelma chalcodes and similar species) in particular are very ambiguous when it comes to age, and it's much better off using DLS to descriibe a tarantula's maturity status than age, unless as aforementioned you've been monitoring the tarantula's growth since hatching/was told by the vendor.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Nice...
Congrats on Keeping Aphonophelma Chalcodes

Last edited: